Fighting in Hockey

Fighting in Hockey

February 1st, 2012, 2:00 am #1

I think fighting should be banned in all leagues. I find it funny how all you guys who sit in your basement punching away on you mom and dad's computer say keep fighting, it's part of the game. Most of you have never been in a fight in your lives. All the guys who fight for a living in the NHL say they hated it and most end up messed up for life. All so you little wannabees can see a fight. Go watch the UFC if you wanna see fighting. Or, all you losers who get on here talking about how much you think fighting is part of the game, get your buddies, rent some ice, and beat the **** out of each other. Ban fighting. CASE CLOSED.

February 1st, 2012, 2:21 am #2

clearly just trying to start ****.

February 1st, 2012, 2:27 am #3

sure sign of a SBWL...

"I love how you truly believe you're a funny guy even though only rubberheaded, short bus window lickers understand your humor". - KBF

February 1st, 2012, 3:03 am #4

I think fighting should be banned in all leagues. I find it funny how all you guys who sit in your basement punching away on you mom and dad's computer say keep fighting, it's part of the game. Most of you have never been in a fight in your lives. All the guys who fight for a living in the NHL say they hated it and most end up messed up for life. All so you little wannabees can see a fight. Go watch the UFC if you wanna see fighting. Or, all you losers who get on here talking about how much you think fighting is part of the game, get your buddies, rent some ice, and beat the **** out of each other. Ban fighting. CASE CLOSED.
not everybody else.

the world doesnt stop and go at your own self entitled pleasure. Fighting was in the sport before you came along, so its not up to you and other neighborhood watch crusaders whether it should stay or not.

February 1st, 2012, 3:29 am #5

I was driving long before the seat belt law came into effect.
Sometimes rules are brought in for the safety of those involved.
SAJ - you must have seen the McEvoy fight?
Just how much enjoyment did you get, watching the kid get helped off the ice?
I like the fight doctor's idea of you guys renting a rink and going at it. Maybe you can Youtube it and have players in the WHL comment.

February 1st, 2012, 3:41 am #6

You 2 geeks should go on a double date with bettman & branch

February 1st, 2012, 3:47 am #7

I like the fight doctor's idea of you guys renting a rink and going at it. Maybe you can Youtube it and have players in the WHL comment.
No.

99% of fights are the result of mutual consent- the players are willing to do it and are well aware of the consequences (and there aren't a lot of consequences for the odd fight, contrary to what the nancy's say).

And where do you get off telling them what to do?

When it comes to the fighting debate, either you're a paternalistic douchebag who thinks he knows better than anyone else (including those actually consenting to a fight) or you think the players have the ability to decide for themselves.

If you don't fall into the latter, you fall into the former.

February 1st, 2012, 3:54 am #8

Sorry to hear he hasn't been able to handle the rough stuff.Or maybe it's his Pansy dad that's posting?

February 1st, 2012, 4:19 am #9

because I like fights.

February 1st, 2012, 4:41 am #10

Hey - I'm not trying to be a smart *ss.
I grew up playing during the Flyers heyday, and watching the NW Bruins at Queens Park Arena - but my thoughts on fighting have changed.
SAJ - you like fights... or is it "you like watching others fight'?
When was the last time you or TKO or some of the others on this site, got into regular weekend fights?
Too many people are getting hurt and messing up their lives - and its just not their lives - parents, wives, children are affected as well.