Dumba with a cheap shot on Sutter?

Dumba with a cheap shot on Sutter?

November 20th, 2011, 6:55 am #1

Didn't watch the game or even listen to it, hence the question mark. But i'm guessing he gave Sutter a nasty 2-hander after the game to receive a slashing major at the 20:00 mark of the 3rd period.

Someone has lit a fire under the Blades asses and they are on a role. Keep it up guys. Someone at the game wanna elaborate on the rough stuff in the end?

November 20th, 2011, 7:27 am #2

But saw the actions after.

The entire Blades team looked like they were going to jump on the few Rebels on the ice while Molleken screamed at them to stay away. Looked like it could get real ugly.

The Blades then endeared themselves to the crowd by raising their sticks like they'd just won the cup. I've never seen a team booed out of the barn in all my years watching the Rebels. The Blades stars were also booed, which never happens usually.

The Rebels prbably deserved a better fate but the Blades looked very useful. Chalk this win to the goalie though. He was very solid.

It's funny but I really don't like the Blades much. Even moreso than the Hitmen which is really saying something. There is just a certain arrogance about that team as demonstrated by their classless actions at the end. (not forgiving Dumba for his dumb part in the proceedings however.)

Good game overall though.

November 20th, 2011, 5:33 pm #3

Cowen running the goalie(3 times, followed up by line brawl)
Cowen blindsiding Elliott then continuing to punch him
Nugent-Hopkins with the behind the back left hook on Sutter(promptly followed up by a fight)
Dumba slash on Sutter(Or Benson)

These teams have certainly developed a rivalry. The Blades raising their sticks could have been to the Booster club thanking them for the support, they do that alot at home games. But it also couldve been to piss off the fans.

As for what the Blades team did, if you see one of your stars get a "wicked slash" at the end of the game, you're going to answer the bell. However it seems like the Blades didnt actually outnumber and jump on the Rebels team, they just sort of told Dumba to beat it.

Again, im just going by what you said. Molleken has a real tight leash on these kids. They had ZERO players suspended last year and ZERO so far this year(if my memory serves me correctly)

November 20th, 2011, 5:39 pm #4

It was for the requested suspension on RNH, for the shot he gave Sutter. We know here that the WHL doesnt like suspending it all stars, think back to Tyler Myers getting away with his brutal hit on Schira. But fining a team for wanting a superstar suspended? Come on now, lol.

November 20th, 2011, 7:13 pm #5

Cowen running the goalie(3 times, followed up by line brawl)
Cowen blindsiding Elliott then continuing to punch him
Nugent-Hopkins with the behind the back left hook on Sutter(promptly followed up by a fight)
Dumba slash on Sutter(Or Benson)

These teams have certainly developed a rivalry. The Blades raising their sticks could have been to the Booster club thanking them for the support, they do that alot at home games. But it also couldve been to piss off the fans.

As for what the Blades team did, if you see one of your stars get a "wicked slash" at the end of the game, you're going to answer the bell. However it seems like the Blades didnt actually outnumber and jump on the Rebels team, they just sort of told Dumba to beat it.

Again, im just going by what you said. Molleken has a real tight leash on these kids. They had ZERO players suspended last year and ZERO so far this year(if my memory serves me correctly)

That was awesome. Thanks for reminding me about that, I needed a good chuckle.

-----------

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

November 20th, 2011, 7:21 pm #6

Cowen got 8 games, Elliott went back out on the powerplay and the Blades won the game. A Blades victory in every sense of the word.

November 20th, 2011, 7:52 pm #7

The rebels lost and Elliot got a much needed beating. Good times.

-----------

November 20th, 2011, 8:17 pm #8

nmnm

November 20th, 2011, 8:26 pm #9

But saw the actions after.

The entire Blades team looked like they were going to jump on the few Rebels on the ice while Molleken screamed at them to stay away. Looked like it could get real ugly.

The Blades then endeared themselves to the crowd by raising their sticks like they'd just won the cup. I've never seen a team booed out of the barn in all my years watching the Rebels. The Blades stars were also booed, which never happens usually.

The Rebels prbably deserved a better fate but the Blades looked very useful. Chalk this win to the goalie though. He was very solid.

It's funny but I really don't like the Blades much. Even moreso than the Hitmen which is really saying something. There is just a certain arrogance about that team as demonstrated by their classless actions at the end. (not forgiving Dumba for his dumb part in the proceedings however.)

Good game overall though.

Looked like a great goaltenders battle. The linesmen did a phenomenal job of holding Sutter back from Dumba. these teams will meet again. Sutter and Dumba will go.

No question the Blades were raising their sticks to piss off the Rebels. But a cheap shot after the game has ended will warrant that kind of behavior.

Makarov has stolen nearly every single win for the blades. Molleken pulled off a great move getting this guy in the import draft from Lewiston.

November 20th, 2011, 8:42 pm #10

nmnm

Way over rated player. He was basically a jumped up Isherwood. Average at best in his own end, useless as a pp qb. Although he could get shots through from the point better than anyone in the league (at least last year).

-----------