Dalton Sward To Attend Canucks Camp

June 27th, 2012, 9:10 pm #1

The Vancouver Giants are pleased to announce that forward Dalton Sward will attend the Vancouver Canucks Prospect Development Camp running June 29 through July 2 here in Vancouver.

Sward will join fellow Giant Cain Franson at the camp. Like Franson, Sward was not selected in last weekends NHL Draft, but still earned an invitation to the camp as a free agent invitee.

The Abbotsford native has two full seasons under his belt with the Giants, compiling 21 goals and 17 assists in 117 career games. The gritty 18-year-old forward lists his hometown Canucks as his favourite NHL team, so this weekend will surely be a huge thrill as well as a great opportunity to show he belongs among the elite prospects in junior hockey.

Sward was the Giants 1st Round pick, 21st overall in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft.

vancouvergiants.com

"This is about as functional for Hockey as smoking cigarettes". www.kevinneeld.com

June 27th, 2012, 9:12 pm #2

A first-round bantam pick passed-over in his draft year. Not ideal progress going on there.

June 27th, 2012, 9:32 pm #3

Jesse will work out for the Canucks but is unable to take part in on ice activities due to injury. Nice to see Gillis bringing in some more toughness.

June 27th, 2012, 9:45 pm #4

A first-round bantam pick passed-over in his draft year. Not ideal progress going on there.

(see what I did there?)Speaking of the Canucks, there was mention that they don't have the $ for Shane Doan, but offer to re-sign Raymond to over 2Mil per,and keep dead weight like him and Malhotra,also at 2.5mil.

Brule has 10x Raymond's grit,and could EASILY replace him for likely a mil for 1 year. I'd trade Raymond for an 8th rounder,and Malhotra was done 2 years ago.

Canucks are losing ground rapidly,with an even softer D now,and with the team they have now, might not even win their division with the Flames reloading.( WIDEMAN AT 5 MIL + for 5 years !!!)

"This is about as functional for Hockey as smoking cigarettes". www.kevinneeld.com

June 27th, 2012, 9:48 pm #5

Jesse will work out for the Canucks but is unable to take part in on ice activities due to injury. Nice to see Gillis bringing in some more toughness.
nm

June 28th, 2012, 2:27 am #6

Gillis should challenge him to score 30 goals and win 20 fights without taking stupid penalties. I hope Tory keeps Mychan.

June 28th, 2012, 3:14 am #7

(see what I did there?)Speaking of the Canucks, there was mention that they don't have the $ for Shane Doan, but offer to re-sign Raymond to over 2Mil per,and keep dead weight like him and Malhotra,also at 2.5mil.

Brule has 10x Raymond's grit,and could EASILY replace him for likely a mil for 1 year. I'd trade Raymond for an 8th rounder,and Malhotra was done 2 years ago.

Canucks are losing ground rapidly,with an even softer D now,and with the team they have now, might not even win their division with the Flames reloading.( WIDEMAN AT 5 MIL + for 5 years !!!)

Canucks will be better than the Flames for atleast another half decade.
Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Salo is a solid group then you start deciding between Rome, Alberts, Ballard, Tanev and Conaughton. The Luongo move will free up some cap space as well if Gillis decides to sign another D-man.

As far as Mason Raymond goes I would not be surprised if Raymond is moved to make room for Jensen or Schroeder after he signs his arbitrated contract. It also wouldn't surprise me if Mason Raymond rebounds and has a 30 goal season after a healthy off season.

June 28th, 2012, 3:25 am #8

looks like they're not likely to re-sign him,and hopeully they can gift someone Ballard......get rid of his salary, Lou's, Raymond....buy out Malhotra...get a 7 million dollar D'man and Shane Doan...Parade in June....riot first....simple really.