congrats to the Cheeps....

congrats to the Cheeps....

April 2nd, 2012, 3:29 am #1

Well done, and you guys would stand a way better chance at knocking off the mighty Ams...

Well deserved.

Chris Relke photo

April 2nd, 2012, 3:34 am #2

Well done coming back and winning 4 straight. Now keep it up and do the same to the Ams. What a great series it should be between two rivals.

I have one question? What happened to the theory that the BC division is better than the US division this year? I think Spokane just proved that to be false, and next the Hawks should put an exclamation point on it when they take out Kamloops.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:38 am #3

with the Winterhawks prevailing in 5.

April 2nd, 2012, 4:02 am #4

Well done coming back and winning 4 straight. Now keep it up and do the same to the Ams. What a great series it should be between two rivals.

I have one question? What happened to the theory that the BC division is better than the US division this year? I think Spokane just proved that to be false, and next the Hawks should put an exclamation point on it when they take out Kamloops.
I know Kichton was out since game one but the Giants were without Musil so that offsets each other. Giant injuries up front were the key what with Nathan Burns, Austin Vetterl and Anthony Ast being out (I included Ast because first game back in the playoffs he was injured again).

There was no way the B.C. division was better this year as the U.S. division had two elite teams compared to the B.C. division while the second place B.C. division team matched up with third place U.S. team. Kelowna was third in the B.C. division and actually not matched well with anyone and both divisions had two lousy teams. If one assigned a point scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being elite I would say the U.S. division would come out with ((5 x 2) + 3 + (1 x 2)) = 15 points and the B.C. division would come out with ((5 x 1) + 3 + 2 +(1 x 2)) = 12 points. No team fit in the 4 point scale in either division.

April 2nd, 2012, 4:04 am #5

Alex Kuvaev will be available.

April 2nd, 2012, 4:37 am #6

Well done, and you guys would stand a way better chance at knocking off the mighty Ams...

Well deserved.

Chris Relke photo
Gone for sure
Brendan Gallagher
Austin Fyten (Ineligible)
Neil Manning (Ineligible)
Adam Morrison (Ineligible)
Alex Kuvaev (Euro will be replaced in Euro draft)

On the bubble
Tyler Vanscourt (Overage)
Taylor Makin (Overage)
Scott Cooke
Kiefer McNaughton

Forwards
Matt Bellerive
Dalton Sward
Cain Franson
Riley Kieser
Marek Tvrdon
Anthony Ast
Nathan Burns
Austin Vetterl
Jordan Martinook (Overage - Note 1)
Jackson Houck

Defencemen
Brett Kulak
Wes Vannieuwenhuizen (Overage)
David Musil
Blake Orban

Goalies
Payton Lee
Jackson Whistle

Incoming D-men
Tyler Morrison
Arvin Atwal
Reid Zalitach
Others

Incoming forwards
Carter Popoff
Thomas Foster
Logan Harland
Brodyn Nielsen
Others

Note 1: Assuming Martinook isn't signed. He can be drafted however.

Have to believe Makin is the favorite among the overagers in the battle for the third spot though he didn't do much down the stretch. Could see the Giants adding another overager (Goalie?)

Incoming forwards and defencemen are wide open as no one really has a spot set. There will definitely be a new Euro among the group assuming he reports. Gut reaction is a defenceman as the Giants appear to have three lines plus up front already.

It is another playoff team but not a team that will challenge for the division title or league championship.

April 2nd, 2012, 1:20 pm #7

Really disappointing that the Giants are out in the first round, but it basically just ends the pain early as the Ams would've made short work of them anyways.

Again, Bonner has a lot of work to do because once again, his team was outworked, lost almost every battle on the boards & is again, WAY TOO SMALL as they showed in the playoffs.

Next season, I really don't care what it takes, but get a top calibre defenseman so they can actually have a power play that can score. It killed them in the playoffs that nobody could score on the power play. Also in dire need is a heavyweight. Bonner said last season that his team wouldn'nt be pushed around like they were in 10-11, but Gallagher was mauled nightly & in the playoffs it was Gally against the world. The officating was garbage & he was continually mauled & maybe, just maybe if they had a heavyweight that sh*t would not have happened, or at least the amount of times it did.

Have to disagree on McNaughton. I think he's back for sure because he actually played pretty good in the limited minutes. Up front, guys like Vetterl, Bellerive, Sward, Burns & Ast are all on the bubble. Probably Cooke since he didn't play in the playoffs & doesn't seem to be a Hay fan, probably because he plays somewhat physical. These guys were huge busts in the post season. Pretty sad but true. These guys brought zero in the playoffs. I think Makin will be in tough because Vannieuwenhizen & Martinook are guaranteed to have a spot. I know Bonner will be acquiring a goalie but I doubt it will be a 20 year old because it will be a rebuilding year so why waste it on a goalie.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:20 pm #8

I know Kichton was out since game one but the Giants were without Musil so that offsets each other. Giant injuries up front were the key what with Nathan Burns, Austin Vetterl and Anthony Ast being out (I included Ast because first game back in the playoffs he was injured again).

There was no way the B.C. division was better this year as the U.S. division had two elite teams compared to the B.C. division while the second place B.C. division team matched up with third place U.S. team. Kelowna was third in the B.C. division and actually not matched well with anyone and both divisions had two lousy teams. If one assigned a point scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being elite I would say the U.S. division would come out with ((5 x 2) + 3 + (1 x 2)) = 15 points and the B.C. division would come out with ((5 x 1) + 3 + 2 +(1 x 2)) = 12 points. No team fit in the 4 point scale in either division.
vancouver had it going their way after two games........coulda, woulda, shoulda

April 2nd, 2012, 4:27 pm #9

Excuses like a-holes....everybody's got one and they all stink.