Canadian Women end the 76 year drought

Canadian Women end the 76 year drought

August 9th, 2012, 6:42 pm #1

And take home the Bronze Medal in extra time. They really should have had a Silver at worst, but this one feels really good considering France beat them 4-0 earlier last year. 1-0 in extra time and Canada takes Bronze.

August 9th, 2012, 8:23 pm #2

Why should the Canadians have had silver after losing to the USA?

Steve

August 9th, 2012, 8:55 pm #3

And then called an absolutely stupid penalty shot right after when plan A didnt work.

August 9th, 2012, 9:39 pm #4

NEVER whined to a ref looking for a call...
She played the game inside of the game and got her way.

Rock On AMS!

August 9th, 2012, 9:57 pm #5

She did her thing. I have an issue with the ref listening to her and making 2 horrid game changing calls in a row.

August 10th, 2012, 1:20 am #6

And then called an absolutely stupid penalty shot right after when plan A didnt work.

The canadians would've had to of earned a better medal.Maybe next year they can use something else other than excuses.

August 10th, 2012, 1:27 am #7

She did her thing. I have an issue with the ref listening to her and making 2 horrid game changing calls in a row.

You have been whining about reffing since you found this forum.

August 10th, 2012, 4:36 am #8

That is not a penalty shot. The ball was kicked into her and if it didnt hit her hand, it wouldve been blocked by her ribs. By definition that is NOT a penalty kick call.

What IS a penalty kick, is when the American defender stuck out her arm to block a shot today during the gold medal game, actually, thats supposed to not only be a penalty kick but a red card as well. Ref looked at it, but didnt see it.

Now instead of replying like someone with soccer knowledge who can argue about those calls. you have no idea about the sport so you will reply with "yeah keep whining"(simply because you dont know any better)

August 10th, 2012, 4:40 am #9

When it was actually horrible gamemanship. Hope she's proud that she convinced an incompetent official to make a ridiculous call.

August 10th, 2012, 5:13 am #10

My big issue is the ref taking the bait. I will not have a lack of respect for Wambach here... I mean, how many times do you hear players yell "offside" or "foul" etc. Its up to the ref to do what they think is right. In this case, the ref did what Wambach though was right, which is not the right call to make.

Wombach did what she has to do, i have no issue with her on that. My issue lies with the ref for taking the bait.