Another Poll

Another Poll

March 12th, 2011, 5:18 pm #1

<script language="Javascript" src="http://www.network54.com/Votelet/55227? ... \n</script>

Happy Travels All
KanJam
The slammin' jammin' disc tossin' game

March 12th, 2011, 6:35 pm #2

is how do you make polls? seems like you are the only one that knows how...

March 12th, 2011, 8:13 pm #3

<script language="Javascript" src="http://www.network54.com/Votelet/55227? ... \n</script>

Happy Travels All
KanJam
3 home games left and it's going to suck to watch the playoffs on tv - the only thing that's helping us keep the faith is that our team is going to lose 3-4 players next season AND add the top WHL import next season....small consolation, we'd rather have another title. Oh well, faith in management that they know what they're doing and maybe 2 years from now we'll be celebrating again.

March 12th, 2011, 8:21 pm #4

As a Hawks fan, I know what it's like to get used to winning (or at the least competing) year after year and then have the rug pulled out from under you. It's tough to deal with. On the flip side though, I've also seen firsthand (thankfully) what a quick turn around can be made if you have a good team in the front office.

Seems like Calgary has good people at work; I don't expect you guys to be down for long. I'd guess you were probably pretty dead on in a previous post; hopefully .500 hockey next year, and headed back towards the top after that!

March 12th, 2011, 9:17 pm #5

It makes sense that we're all going to see the ebbs and flows and in today's hockey world there's going to be some downs in exchange for the ups. Definitely it's good to see Portland having success now after that 2007-09 period that must have been a nightmare.

Speaking of Calgary and Portland, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Calgary's coaching situation this season with Williamson: his 2 year contract is up and has yet to sign an extension...does he earn a mulligan for last year's championship? Does he want to stay in Calgary? Does management think he's doing a good-enough job? There was a nasty rumour last night in the concourse in Calgary that Ken King and Kelly Kisio might have inquired about Cory Clouston after Ottawa fires him. Despite Calgary having a young inexperienced team this year, would they really lay blame on Williamson for this season?

March 12th, 2011, 9:46 pm #6

It seems like there hasn't been any coach (or many subjects for that matter) as polarizing to Hawks fans that I can remember as Mike Williamson.

It had been a debate for years (probably the last two years of his tenure, and then a couple more seasons to boot) about his coaching ability... When he got hired by Calgary, the "Pro-Willys" considered it a point - "Look, another team, and a good one, hired him". His great run with the Hitmen was another point for their side. The "Anti-Willys" countered with, "He was basically handed that team-- how could he not succeed?". And now he's in an obvius rebuilding situation, and success is gone.

I was curious what the general consensus among Cal fans is towards him.

Myself, I thought he was a fantastic guy off the ice-- pure class, couldn't be a nicer guy. I'm a little more lukewarm towards him as a head coach though; I wasn't too impressed with his ability to adjust strategies, lines, etc throughout a course of a game. Didn't seem particularly "creative" in that regard. I think he would be a fantastic addition to any team as a top assistant coach though.

March 12th, 2011, 10:02 pm #7

From what you described, it's almost an exact mirror-situation in Calgary in that people either like him or hate him. There's no arguing that the guy is one of the nicest people off the ice and it's great to see him and his family doing well. But you are preaching to the choir in that he doesn't adjust too much in his lines or in his strategy and it almost cost the team last year when the 8th place MJ Warriors almost took down Calgary in round 1.

The love-him-or-hate-him argument has been going on with Hitmen fans all year and we're waiting to see how this unfolds this summer. Honestly, we'd like to believe he can grow in terms of strategy and as a coach but is that going to be possible?

March 13th, 2011, 1:50 am #8

March 13th, 2011, 5:04 pm #9

All I have to do is put the votelets url in the post on this forum.
<script language="Javascript" src="http://www.network54.com/Votelet/55228? ... \n</script>

Happy Travels All
KanJam