And on the topic of Tri City

And on the topic of Tri City

March 8th, 2012, 1:51 am #1

Drinnan reporting that HOlland signed an 3 year entry level contract with Montreal. And also on the TC website.

http://www.amshockey.com/article/montre ... l-contract

Nice to see a Lethbridge hometown boy gets one step closer to his dream.

March 8th, 2012, 2:18 am #2

Pretty much means this year is an all or nothing year for the Americans. Losing Holland, Shinnimin, Hughesman, and a few others due to the abundance of 19 year olds currently on the team. The Americans will be alright next year, but I doubt anywhere close to how well they are this year.

But... I am happy to see Holland sign an entry contract with Montreal. Especially as a Habs fan. I think he'll do very well in Hamilton next year, and who knows, might get his shot in the NHL sooner than he thinks. For those who don't know, he did a reddit AMA (ask me anything) and was very modest about his chances of playing in the NHL.

March 8th, 2012, 3:47 am #3

The cost of having good players is watching them succeed. He will be in the WHL or NHL. CHL overagers don't play in the AHL. If he makes the Canadians it means that a spot comes open for someone else to succeed in. Don't worry the Ams are gonna be fine.

March 8th, 2012, 3:49 am #4

Pretty much means this year is an all or nothing year for the Americans. Losing Holland, Shinnimin, Hughesman, and a few others due to the abundance of 19 year olds currently on the team. The Americans will be alright next year, but I doubt anywhere close to how well they are this year.

But... I am happy to see Holland sign an entry contract with Montreal. Especially as a Habs fan. I think he'll do very well in Hamilton next year, and who knows, might get his shot in the NHL sooner than he thinks. For those who don't know, he did a reddit AMA (ask me anything) and was very modest about his chances of playing in the NHL.
And actually.. Holland could stay with the Americans next year if Montreal wanted him to. I thought after signing an NHL entry contract, the player had to play in the AHL or NHL. But Bärtschi from Portland signed an entry level contract before this season, and has played for Portland. Although that means they can be called up whenever, which is what's happening to Bärtschi right now.

I'd love to see Holland back next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't return either.

March 8th, 2012, 3:54 am #5

The cost of having good players is watching them succeed. He will be in the WHL or NHL. CHL overagers don't play in the AHL. If he makes the Canadians it means that a spot comes open for someone else to succeed in. Don't worry the Ams are gonna be fine.
chl overagers dont play in the AHL? you smoking something?

March 8th, 2012, 3:56 am #6

And actually.. Holland could stay with the Americans next year if Montreal wanted him to. I thought after signing an NHL entry contract, the player had to play in the AHL or NHL. But Bärtschi from Portland signed an entry level contract before this season, and has played for Portland. Although that means they can be called up whenever, which is what's happening to Bärtschi right now.

I'd love to see Holland back next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't return either.
CHL overagers are not allowed to be assigned to the AHL. It's NHL or back to TRI.

Go AMs!

March 8th, 2012, 4:27 am #7

Well that's good news for the Americans

March 8th, 2012, 4:41 am #8

It's been good news for everyone for a long time.

Go AMs!

March 8th, 2012, 5:33 am #9

CHL overagers are not allowed to be assigned to the AHL. It's NHL or back to TRI.

Go AMs!
Then why is Mackenzie playing in the AHL as a 20 this year?? Think about it.. 19's are NHL or Juniors.. 20's if they have a contract can go NHL, AHL, or Juniors.....................................

March 8th, 2012, 6:08 am #10

nm