Americans

Americans

February 11th, 2012, 8:10 pm #1

Ok I will be the first to admit that the Ams are playing very poorly. The fact that they are still ranked is because the rankings are largely done by win loss record. Looking at the stats they are ranked just about where they should be. After last night's loss they will surely drop again. As far as the game last night. The ams played well for 5 minutes of the game. In this league you won't win many that way. Lots of teams go through bad slumps during the season and are able to turn it around by playoff time. That being said It is driving me crazy because they are much more talented than they are showing. I would love to see the physical play pick up, and the power play start clicking. I am also soooo sick of hearing about the diving. Every team in this league has players that routinely dive to attempt to draw penalties. The hit on Yuen last night was a very dangerous hit and we are lucky that it didn't turn out worse. to call that a dive is absolutely ridiculous. I hate it when Shinimin goes down easy. He is not a good actor and should remove it from his game. Since his suspension I have not seen it like before. I did see Brad Ross go down like he was shot in the head with a 12 gage after a routine shoulder to shoulder hit and grab the back of his head like he was going to need to be airlifted to Harborview. Trust me the hit was 3 feet in front of me when it happened and he was not hurt. (he was back on the ice for his next shift) I saw a Portland player screaming at the ref because he thought he was checked from behind, which in fact he was, but it was by his own player. I also saw a cartwheel that would have impressed most Olympic gymnasts. Home teams don't tend to dive as much, so if you don't get to many away games you don't see them. As far as calling the Ams Classless after because they sent Walter out to fight when the game was decided. Are you really going to tell me that that is out of the ordinary. 10 years ago that was a guarantee if the game was decided. The Ams. have to play again tonight and they wanted to get some emotion injected into the players. Walter was looking for someone to fight, but he didn't go cheap shot somebody or run the goalie like others have done in the past. The same people who gripe about the wussification of the league are now complaining that a player was looking for a fight at the end of a game. come on people this is hockey.
Go Ams.

February 11th, 2012, 8:33 pm #2

Shinny was suspended for a large sum of embelishment calls. Anyone know how many you have to get to be suspended?

February 11th, 2012, 8:43 pm #3

nm

"I have a wristshot harder than most WHL players" - Pepper Carrot

February 11th, 2012, 9:51 pm #4

Ok I will be the first to admit that the Ams are playing very poorly. The fact that they are still ranked is because the rankings are largely done by win loss record. Looking at the stats they are ranked just about where they should be. After last night's loss they will surely drop again. As far as the game last night. The ams played well for 5 minutes of the game. In this league you won't win many that way. Lots of teams go through bad slumps during the season and are able to turn it around by playoff time. That being said It is driving me crazy because they are much more talented than they are showing. I would love to see the physical play pick up, and the power play start clicking. I am also soooo sick of hearing about the diving. Every team in this league has players that routinely dive to attempt to draw penalties. The hit on Yuen last night was a very dangerous hit and we are lucky that it didn't turn out worse. to call that a dive is absolutely ridiculous. I hate it when Shinimin goes down easy. He is not a good actor and should remove it from his game. Since his suspension I have not seen it like before. I did see Brad Ross go down like he was shot in the head with a 12 gage after a routine shoulder to shoulder hit and grab the back of his head like he was going to need to be airlifted to Harborview. Trust me the hit was 3 feet in front of me when it happened and he was not hurt. (he was back on the ice for his next shift) I saw a Portland player screaming at the ref because he thought he was checked from behind, which in fact he was, but it was by his own player. I also saw a cartwheel that would have impressed most Olympic gymnasts. Home teams don't tend to dive as much, so if you don't get to many away games you don't see them. As far as calling the Ams Classless after because they sent Walter out to fight when the game was decided. Are you really going to tell me that that is out of the ordinary. 10 years ago that was a guarantee if the game was decided. The Ams. have to play again tonight and they wanted to get some emotion injected into the players. Walter was looking for someone to fight, but he didn't go cheap shot somebody or run the goalie like others have done in the past. The same people who gripe about the wussification of the league are now complaining that a player was looking for a fight at the end of a game. come on people this is hockey.
Go Ams.
One little correction to your post. After walters hit ross during the second period, he went to the locker room and did not return until the 3rd period. He was not out for his next shift unless you meant that his next shift was in the 3rd period.