Won this Russian watch.

Won this Russian watch.

Alan N.
Alan N.

June 30th, 2005, 3:30 am #1

Case is a bit roughed up, and some of those crystal 'scratches' look like through-and-through cracks which will not buff out. But I like the dial a lot, and the funny coin edge-esque bezel us appealing. 37 mm, not bad size. The goldtone hands are a bit unfortunate. But for 16 bucks I can't complain!

RonD.
RonD.

June 30th, 2005, 3:54 am #2

Cool watch Alan. Those hands might turn out to be silver-toned. Sometimes the reflections can play tricks with the camera.. look at the top part of the case, it also has a gold tone to it (but you know it is not).

Ron

rltbod
rltbod

June 30th, 2005, 8:24 am #3

Case is a bit roughed up, and some of those crystal 'scratches' look like through-and-through cracks which will not buff out. But I like the dial a lot, and the funny coin edge-esque bezel us appealing. 37 mm, not bad size. The goldtone hands are a bit unfortunate. But for 16 bucks I can't complain!

Nice Vostok Alan, I have (and have had) a few myself, exccelent watches for the money.

The new Vostok Europe range are very good value as well.

winnie
winnie

July 1st, 2005, 5:36 am #4

I got the identical Vostok at a garage sale two weeks ago. Keep great time but the power reserve is not so good – it winds down after about 12 hours.

If you're curious, the rough translation of PYCb stands for "Old Russia" – hence the the Onion domes.

winnie

winnie
winnie

July 1st, 2005, 5:39 am #5

Cool watch Alan. Those hands might turn out to be silver-toned. Sometimes the reflections can play tricks with the camera.. look at the top part of the case, it also has a gold tone to it (but you know it is not).

Ron
I have the same watch. The hands are a brassy gold, the case is goldtone and the coin-edge bezel is silver.

winnie