What is the most vintage look of the current

What is the most vintage look of the current

c chambers
c chambers

October 7th, 2005, 11:31 pm #1

Timex models? I hope I am not violating the forum rules by asking this. I am asking for the expertise of those knowledgeable about the vintage timexs, what is the most vintage model that timex currently makes?

Knut
Knut

October 8th, 2005, 10:46 am #2

...( in my opinion )the Marlin - Timex model no. 21191. You can search for it on Timex's website. Neat that they decided to call it the Marlin, just like the original one from the 50's!

Knut

c chambers
c chambers

October 8th, 2005, 8:31 pm #3

This is a big help to me. I am not trying to crash this forum, I have a lot of respect for what you guys are doing here. I love vintage, and I decided nothing could be more vintage than timex. However, I probably am not enough of a purist to get a used watch. The Marlin looks like a good reproduction, I am excited. I just wish they made it in gold. Thanks for the help!

c chambers
c chambers

October 9th, 2005, 3:59 am #4

Timex models? I hope I am not violating the forum rules by asking this. I am asking for the expertise of those knowledgeable about the vintage timexs, what is the most vintage model that timex currently makes?
Which is more vintage do you think, #20011 or #2D441 or #21374 or #21813 or #2C021 or my vote #2D701?

Bad news, too, people have no taste. I think Timex introduced a vintage line quietly and just as quietly ended it

I am going to dig up a picture of my Timex Triathlon that I wore in Infantry Basic Training and AIT and post a picture of it, it took a licking and kept ticking!

Knut
Knut

October 9th, 2005, 7:01 pm #5

...have elements of the past - all of the ones you mention are nicely styled. None are "vintage" though - they are not "copies" of Timex's made in the past. The only one would be the one I mentioned in my earlier post. Just a quick suggestion: if you want a vintage look to your watch, why not get just that: a vintage Timex. You can easily get one for $5-10 on Ebay - running and keeping time ( and for the price of a new one - why not get 4 or 5? You could have an Automatic, a manual wind, maybe an Electric/Dynabeat - all with different styling...?! ). There's nothing like wearing a vintage Timex! Let us know what you think!

Knut

chambers
chambers

October 10th, 2005, 12:41 am #6

thanks, let me look around a bit. i would like the watch to say "waterproof" and i know that is only possible with true vintage.