Watchband, like "slippers" ?

Watchband, like "slippers" ?

July 18th, 2001, 5:44 am #1

The only use I can think of for this sort of slip-on-slip-off strap, is a for kid who hasn't learned how to use a buckle? Or perhaps a tactical tool, allowing one to dispose of the watch immediately in the case of imminent capture by the enemy (so they won't know you're a Cub Scout.)

RJ
RJ

July 18th, 2001, 11:59 pm #2

nt

RB
RB

July 19th, 2001, 7:55 pm #3

The only use I can think of for this sort of slip-on-slip-off strap, is a for kid who hasn't learned how to use a buckle? Or perhaps a tactical tool, allowing one to dispose of the watch immediately in the case of imminent capture by the enemy (so they won't know you're a Cub Scout.)

Bill
Bill

July 20th, 2001, 1:07 am #4

chemical plants prefer these against more conventional designs, because if something snags it and starts pulling, the watch comes off, whereas with a regular strap you get pulled into the vat, muncher, etc. Or so I have been told on another forum.

Ken Setser
Ken Setser

July 20th, 2001, 2:39 am #5

nt

Alan N.
Alan N.

July 21st, 2001, 6:03 pm #6

nt

RB
RB

July 23rd, 2001, 5:48 am #7

Ben
Ben

September 1st, 2001, 12:01 am #8

nt
Where can I buy the bands? I have one, lost one, people want one....

Tommy
Tommy

November 5th, 2001, 11:49 am #9

These were also made in Stainless Steel, I had and lost one, Would love to find another... HELP... Thanx