Timex Manual Wind Mens Watch?

Timex Manual Wind Mens Watch?

Gary
Gary

August 3rd, 2001, 7:32 pm #1

Howdy, I just got an older Timex Mens Manual Wind Chrome Case Stainless Steel Snap Back Pearl Dial Luminious Hands and Markers Numbers at 12 and 6, with Chrome and Black Hour Markers, Dial marked Timex, Water Resistant 26070-2471, Back marked Timex, Dust Resistant, Water Resistant, Stainless Steel Back, CHR.PL. Base Metal Bezel. The watch is in very good condition and is running fine but, I am not sure of how accurate. When do you think this one was made and is it rare? I know if it was marked SEIKO, it would have found a good HOME!!!!!!
C-ya, Gary

Alan N.
Alan N.

August 4th, 2001, 5:04 am #2

The 71 at the end of the numbers indicates that. As far as rarity, well, sigh, that is almost a non-word when it comes to Timex! Not exactly, but they made so many millions of watches, that chances are there are many others like it.

There are some Timex watches, which based on my observations of thousands of eBay auctions worldwide (which I think is a good barometer of what's "out there,") seem to be rare however. Ones you just don't see very often.

There is one Timex I have never, ever seen before, currently on auction now. When the auction is over, whether I win or lose, I will post the pictures.

Alan.

Gary
Gary

August 6th, 2001, 6:40 pm #3

Howdy Alan, Thanks for the information. I do have another Questions. How did you know I was going to ask the last question? On the Forum, the time shows that you answered the question prior to the time that I asked the questions!!!!! Know wonder you knew the answer, you already knew the question!!!!!!!

Thanks Again, Gary
C-ya

Aren't Watches FUN?????

Gary
Gary

August 7th, 2001, 6:45 pm #4

The 71 at the end of the numbers indicates that. As far as rarity, well, sigh, that is almost a non-word when it comes to Timex! Not exactly, but they made so many millions of watches, that chances are there are many others like it.

There are some Timex watches, which based on my observations of thousands of eBay auctions worldwide (which I think is a good barometer of what's "out there,") seem to be rare however. Ones you just don't see very often.

There is one Timex I have never, ever seen before, currently on auction now. When the auction is over, whether I win or lose, I will post the pictures.

Alan.
Howdy Alan, Thanks again. Take a look at this Timex on Ebay #1624958109. Neat watch but, after about Twenty(20) SEIKO's I do not need to start another COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C-ya, Gary

Alan N.
Alan N.

August 8th, 2001, 6:04 am #5

or more, for the cost of those Seikos! Something to think about!