Not vintage, but..

Not vintage, but..

Scott
Scott

July 6th, 2005, 4:14 pm #1

I highly recommend the Timex Expedition-very durable, accurate and reasonably priced(about 35 bucks,sales tax and all, at Wally World). I'm not sure what model it is-dark green dial ,silver "e" where the twelve should be,with "Indiglo and WR50m" above the digital display, stainless steel case,leather band(originally..I messed mine up with oil-not the fault of Timex,obviously),analog watch, with digital window below(I have mine set for day/date,but it has other functions). Despite harsh use,it has not a single scratch or blemish on it. For all around everyday use and then some,it can't be beat for the money.
I also have a Timex Expedition pocketwatch..water resistant to 30 meters-unusual for pocketwatches-and has survived a trip through the washer and dryer,daily bouncing in my lunchbox during warm weater,in a jacket pocket during cold,and occasionally the "time base" for my gas scooter.This was a gift,useful and much appreciated. The pewter-colored case had some sort of clear coat on it,which has rubbed off in a few places,but those are the only blemishes on it..
The Reefgear I have is durable, but that "i Control" is easily knocked out of adjustment-that's the only gripe I have with it...