Electronic Time Zoen info

Electronic Time Zoen info

June 27th, 2005, 2:35 am #1

Just got a shoebox full of watches from Ebay--One of the "extras" was a 1972 Time Zone Electric. No crown,the case is trashed--gouged and scratched, most of the goldtone is worn off, and a lot of the nickle under the gold is gone as well. The movement doesn't work with a battery, but the balance is free. I haven't had particularly good luck with Electrics, althoug I haven't tried much either. If this movement is beyond my skill, how difficult would it be to transfer the Time Zone specific parts to another movement? I'm already going to need a case and crystal...

Incidentally--This batch was worth it for the Lord Elgin tank, with a running 21 jewel overcoil movement, but most of the watches were the filthiest I've ever seen--In some cases several milimeters of crud between the lugs and in the nooks and crannies of the cases. I don't think I'm particularly fastidious, but I couldn't wear anything with that much crud on it.

June 27th, 2005, 2:37 am #2

nt

rob t
rob t

June 27th, 2005, 4:20 am #3

Just got a shoebox full of watches from Ebay--One of the "extras" was a 1972 Time Zone Electric. No crown,the case is trashed--gouged and scratched, most of the goldtone is worn off, and a lot of the nickle under the gold is gone as well. The movement doesn't work with a battery, but the balance is free. I haven't had particularly good luck with Electrics, althoug I haven't tried much either. If this movement is beyond my skill, how difficult would it be to transfer the Time Zone specific parts to another movement? I'm already going to need a case and crystal...

Incidentally--This batch was worth it for the Lord Elgin tank, with a running 21 jewel overcoil movement, but most of the watches were the filthiest I've ever seen--In some cases several milimeters of crud between the lugs and in the nooks and crannies of the cases. I don't think I'm particularly fastidious, but I couldn't wear anything with that much crud on it.
I used to buy watch lots from the local thrift store and I too find some watches that are simply encrusted with dirt. I always wondered where they 'dug' these watches from. Anyways, how about a picture of the Time zone, I might have a couple of cases.
Rob t

Knut
Knut

June 27th, 2005, 6:52 pm #4

...movement is rather "special", and other Electric movements will not fit due to the fact that the Time-Zone has an extra hour hand. I think Dorsey H. had some NOS of these movements for sale a while back. I can also run through my movements and see if I can find a NOS movement that would fit ( no promises though...! ): ).

Knut

June 28th, 2005, 3:37 am #5

OK--I was hoping it was an added complication to the standard movement, rather than entirely different. I appriciate the offers of parts, but unless I get the movement working, what I've got is an OK dial and hands that needs to have everything else replaced.