A Timex Automatic ( pic. - just another restoration... )

A Timex Automatic ( pic. - just another restoration... )

Knut
Knut

October 7th, 2005, 2:41 pm #1

I thought that while we are waiting for the new Timex Automatics to arrive on our repective shores, I'd post a pic of this Timex Automatic from 1983. It came in a small lot the other day along with some other Timex's, and I thought it looked nice. I happened to have a nearly NOS bracelet which I think is the kind they came with when new. I just polished the case and crystal along with a "movement-bath" ( not that it looked like it needed a clean, but just to be on the safe side... ). Runs super and looks... well... very GOLD! ( something for you technoguy? Just kidding! ).

I have taken an interest in these late Automatics - just in the transition from mech. to regular quartz watches for Timex. To me they represent the last attempt to meet the "quartz-invation" from the East. And now they are meeting the competition with a new Automatic. Life is good!

[/IMG]

Knut

Knut
Knut

October 7th, 2005, 2:57 pm #2

I meant "rescpective" shores and not repective ( if that is a word... ). Also, the pic shows the watch "silverish" on the side - the watch is gold all over. Sorry...

Knut

rob t
rob t

October 7th, 2005, 3:31 pm #3

I thought that while we are waiting for the new Timex Automatics to arrive on our repective shores, I'd post a pic of this Timex Automatic from 1983. It came in a small lot the other day along with some other Timex's, and I thought it looked nice. I happened to have a nearly NOS bracelet which I think is the kind they came with when new. I just polished the case and crystal along with a "movement-bath" ( not that it looked like it needed a clean, but just to be on the safe side... ). Runs super and looks... well... very GOLD! ( something for you technoguy? Just kidding! ).

I have taken an interest in these late Automatics - just in the transition from mech. to regular quartz watches for Timex. To me they represent the last attempt to meet the "quartz-invation" from the East. And now they are meeting the competition with a new Automatic. Life is good!

[/IMG]

Knut
It has the 80's look about it. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Rob T

Jose
Jose

October 7th, 2005, 9:36 pm #4

[/IMG]

Knut
My compliments Knut. Most of the Timex's I have seen that were mechanicals from the Eighties have been in Stainless. I've never seen that case shape in Yellow. I also have that same bracelet, but it also is in Stainless. Thanks for sharing the photo.

John
John

October 7th, 2005, 11:58 pm #5

[/IMG]

Knut
nice watch. Is there any information on which were the most dependable, the "self-winds" or these "automatics"??

Knut
Knut

October 10th, 2005, 4:32 pm #6

...same movements, i.e. the 32 movement was used for both late 60's "Self-Winds" and mid 70's "Automatic". After that they modified the 31,32 and 33 movement somewhat, and called them the 107,108 and 109.
Knut