Pucks and Sticks

Pucks and Sticks

April 7th, 2012, 4:34 pm #1

Hi looking for antique pucks and sticks and any reference material on old pucks and sticks

GOHABSGO

April 15th, 2012, 9:22 pm #2

For pucks suggest Becker guide, either 1st or 2nd edition. This is out of print but every now and then you see it on eBay. I also highly recommend the Puck Museum site that Becker also has a part in.

Sticks are a differnt matter, the only book I know of is one named "The Stick by Bruce Dowbiggin. It is not a guide but any serious stick collector should consider adding it to the collection

April 23rd, 2012, 9:08 pm #3

Hi looking for antique pucks and sticks and any reference material on old pucks and sticks

GOHABSGO
In regards to Darren Becker's Puck Guide which is out of print and out of date, most info is now on his puck site, www.officialgamepuck.com. There is no price guide, just images of each puck and sometimes dates or history. A great site.

What are you looking for? I have tons (1000 or more) of old pucks from 50's/60's through 1980's minor pro, amateurs, olympics, orig 6 NHL game pucks, WHA, European (70's era), Canadian & US Senior leagues, Women's pro teams of recent years and have a full official game puck collection from ECHL (maybe late 90's/early 2000's), some college pucks from 1970's.

Most of my collection is from 50's to 70's. some very rare pucks. Most acquired from teams directly.

I also have sporting good manufacturer pucks from Draper Maynard, Art Ross, Spalding and others.

I have an ultra rare Draper Maynard hockey stick from 1920's, maybe 1930's. Extremely difficult to find anywhere as produced in limited run.

what are you looking for?

ed

ekobak@yahoo.com