post one unique hockey rarity you have

post one unique hockey rarity you have

January 4th, 2009, 8:17 pm #1

we know that there are a few guys here with 1/1 psa graded 8,9 10's etc... etc...,

aside from the graded hockey cards i would like to see something that each collector here has that they think is unique that no other collector may not have in there collection. i will start with my pair of 1969-70 o-pee-chee series 1 and 2 boxes.

[/IMG]
Last edited by danthevintageman on February 14th, 2009, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 4th, 2009, 8:39 pm #2

January 4th, 2009, 9:45 pm #3

we know that there are a few guys here with 1/1 psa graded 8,9 10's etc... etc...,

aside from the graded hockey cards i would like to see something that each collector here has that they think is unique that no other collector may not have in there collection. i will start with my pair of 1969-70 o-pee-chee series 1 and 2 boxes.

[/IMG]

January 4th, 2009, 10:38 pm #4

[/IMG]
i know dan was one too but i had to beat him to it! LOL

[/IMG]

Last edited by opctopps on January 4th, 2009, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 4th, 2009, 10:50 pm #5

[/IMG]

January 5th, 2009, 2:27 pm #6

[/IMG]
Henry, man, I need that box to complete my run of 70's boxes...which arm or leg do you need for that poster box!?

Sean, its always a pleasure to see your handy work on the autograph cards, a true collector your are!

Ray, although I don't usually document or research Foreign cards, that is an early and interesting one for sure, do you have any more information on it?

Dan, the 69' box man, hard to believe you are the only person in the hobby with those boxes....I need them too!!!

Nice group of diverse stuff guys, lets see some more!

Bobby

January 7th, 2009, 9:25 pm #7

[/IMG]
It has been a really long time since I posted anything, but since talking to Bobby B. at Expo, I have found a couple items that I have always wanted. Other than my autographed copy of the Bobby's book, my favorite pick up is this Maple Crispette box. It is a little beat up, but not bad for 85 years old. Plus, I had never seen one before.

Thanks Bobby for bringing me some good luck.

-Scott

January 7th, 2009, 9:43 pm #8

[/IMG]
Great stuff guys.
Is that box what the cards came in?
This is one piece that I have that is the only one known to exist.

January 8th, 2009, 6:10 pm #9

[/IMG]
Jim,

I honestly have no idea if this the box the cards came in. I have talked to a couple guys that collect the Maple Crispette baseball cards and they seem to think so. According to them, and Bobby's book, there were 2 different boxes with prizes in them. Since the one I have has a winter scene on it, I would like to believe it could have contained hockey cards. I just want to have a box to display with my set.

Scott

January 8th, 2009, 9:56 pm #10

[/IMG]
You said it right Scott, we are unsure if that box is the actual box but it does look sharp...

I have an O-Pee-Chee one just like it, weird how close they resemble themselves eh!?