Ams better be ready for a war

Ams better be ready for a war

April 3rd, 2012, 4:59 pm #1

Although the Ams pretty much had their way with the Chiefs all season and they are missing Kitchton it won't be easy. Playoffs bring a different mentality as we saw last year in round 2. I think the Ams need to make sure both games are wins this weekend. It's going to be tight checking and you know the Chiefs will try and focus of Shinny, Hughy, and Holly. That means J. Messier, Rankin, Williams, and Wilgosh will need to elevate their play. I'm very excited and its going to be a great series. At least they don't have Tyler Johnson.

GO AMS GO

April 3rd, 2012, 8:22 pm #2

and dont forget that we have stromwall too!

April 4th, 2012, 2:24 am #3

I was never very impressed with Cowen. However I completely forgot about Stromwall and he has been great in the first round.

April 4th, 2012, 3:56 am #4

4-2 there, 4-2 here. Whatever. Queefs losing Kitchton hurts them more than anything. Also what they do in goal. Neither of their guys are spectacular. Granted they have their moments of being real good, but overall they aren't.

"You're Fired!"
"You're Fired!"

April 4th, 2012, 4:00 am #5

if you plan to go to game 4 enjoy. The Chiefs crack marketing staff have gone into their bag of tricks for another Spokane favorite. White trash night aka "Buck Night". Not so hot dogs for all the $10/hr workers so they can afford to go and the ever so popular queer stix.

"You're Fired!"
"You're Fired!"

April 4th, 2012, 2:37 pm #6

I was never very impressed with Cowen. However I completely forgot about Stromwall and he has been great in the first round.
It sure seems Stromwall has settled into a bit of a physical style, much more so than early in the season. Maybe it's just me wanting to see that style hockey together with the speed and skill they already have, but if Malte can continue to progress they might be on to something. Any chance Hiller has brought this out of him?

April 5th, 2012, 3:45 pm #7

and dont forget that we have stromwall too!
...more of a tournament player. Or, rather, does very well in tournament or post season play.

April 6th, 2012, 9:34 pm #8

Long wait for the chiefs. I hope there is no rust or slow start because the team needs to have the pedal to the floor and never let off or look back.

April 7th, 2012, 1:29 pm #9

The Ams had some flash-in-the-pan moments, but they seemed kinda flat last night. They were playing like they were just trying to survive the onslaught instead of working a game plan. The one that had an amazing night regardless of the outcome was Rimmer. I haven't seen a goalie flop around and make so many amazing saves like that in a long time. What was the deal with not calling a penalty when Shinnimin got smacked in the face, but then sent him to the bench from the face off circle to stop the bleeding?

April 7th, 2012, 3:00 pm #10

There was pushing and shoving going on at the end of the game. A penalty could have been called but I agree with the officials at this point......its the playoffs with 35 seconds left in regulation......let em play.

The fact is Spokane played hard last night and earned that victory. They were definitely the better team for game 1.

Steve