1 post • Page 1 of 1
AMS 4-2 win over the Rockets
- Joined: November 5th, 2005, 7:32 pm
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Winning ways fall by the wayside
* The Tri City Americans are a team that capitalizes on mistakes. The Kelowna Rockets found that out first hand in a 4-2 loss Tuesday night at Prospera Place. Jarrett Toll scored once and added an assist as the Americans won for the 4th straight time while handing the Rockets their first loss in 7 games.
* Kyle St. Denis scored both of the Rockets goals. Both came on the power play, as the Rockets went 2/4 with the man advantage. The Rockets took only one minor penalty, a hooking minor to Spencer Main in the second period. Despite the disciplined play, the Americans scored on that single power play when Sergei Drozd scored on a beautiful pass from Brooks Macek to make it 3-0.
* The best goal of the game came when Americans forward Johnny Lazo used his great speed by beating two defenseman before making a forehand deke to beat goaltender Adam Brown. Lazo's goal made it 4-1 for the visitors.
* The save of the game came when Americans goaltender Drew Owsley stacked his pads making a magnificent save off of Rockets forward Stepan Novotny. The save was made when the Americans were holding a 3-1 lead. You don't often see saves like that, but the desperation play was recognized by Prospera Place video screen when the letters came across saying "Great Save".
* I've only seen Owsley twice, but from what I've witnessed he can carry the mail. I questioned the Americans goaltending at the start of the year, but not any more.
* The game was perfectly called by Chris Savage and Derek Zalaski. This game was not over officiated, nor did it need to be. Both teams often skated away after whistles with both teams respective each others power play.
* It was great running into so many familar faces before puck drop. With the GM/Governor meetings taking place in Kelowna this week, it was nice to see Moose Jaw Warriors GM Jeff Truitt, Brandon's Kelly McCrimmon and Swift Current Broncos governor Ben Wiebe. I will post my interview with Truitt later today.
* Collin Bowman's mom and dad took in Tuesday's game as did Adam Brown's dad Newell.
* As I posted earlier, Brandon McMillan has a broken foot, but its a hairline fracture. That means McMillan is wearing a soft cast which has him out of the lineup for a maximum of 3 weeks.
Rock On AMS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7P ... re=related
Back 2 Back U.S. Div. Champs! WAY TO GO AMS!!!
0 people like this