Americans have welcomed Belarussian F Sergei Drozd

Americans have welcomed Belarussian F Sergei Drozd

September 7th, 2009, 7:04 pm #1

Monday, September 7, 2009
Sunday . . .
The Tri-City Americans have reassigned two players. F Connor Rankin, 15, will play for the B.C. major midget leagues Vancouver-Northwest Giants, while F Marcus Messier, 15, goes to the midget AAA Notre Dame Hounds in Wilcox, Sask. Before Messier left, the Americans signed him to a WHL contract.
------
The Tri-City Americans have welcomed Belarussian F Sergei Drozd, 19, to their dressing room. Drozd, one of the clubs two picks in the CHLs 2009 import draft, is expected to skate with his new team on Tuesday and will play on the weekend when the Americans play host to their annual tournament. . . . Russian G Alexander Pechurski, 19, the Americans other import selection, has yet to report and, in fact, is one of four goaltenders shown on the roster of the Continental leagues Metallurg Magnitogorsk. He was a fifth-round pick by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2008 NHL draft.
------
Tyler Schmidt, 19, will go to camp with the Minnesota Wild prospects after agreeing to a tryout deal.

Rock On AMS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7P ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-wmOYelnM

Back 2 Back U.S. Div. Champs! WAY TO GO AMS!!!
Last edited by AMSRocker on September 7th, 2009, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 8th, 2009, 4:51 pm #2

or does it seem like the goalie may not be showing up here just like a lot of other prospects we always sign but they never show. Kinda like Jonathan Towes. Anyways Im getting a bit worried about the goalie situation and I think if we don't get this Russian or we don't make a trade for a proven goalie then we are in a lot of trouble. I think it is apparent that Marty is better than Owsley but I really don't think either one plays that well.

September 8th, 2009, 9:56 pm #3

i've said it a couple times...i'm not too worried about the russian coming over as i have confidence on of the two will step up but i disagree with you on marty being better; tell me what makes you think he's better then owsley?

September 9th, 2009, 2:33 am #4

Owsley in my opinion has let in some of the softest goals I have ever witnessed and half the time he just doesn't seem at a WHL level. Owsley played in 17 games last year and let in 37 goals, his Goals against average was 2.94 and his save percentage was 0.881 he won 7 games and lost 5. Martyinuk played in 15 games 2 less than Owsley and he let in 27 goals (10 fewer than Owsley), his goals against average was 2.54, and his save percent was 0.896, he wont 7 games and lost 3. His stats are better he shows better composure and doesn't let in half the soft goals Owsley does. Thats my reasoning. GO AMS GO

September 9th, 2009, 3:15 am #5

look a little farther then the stats...owsley had to play a way tougher schedule; some notable games he was thrown in there for;
KEL at TC - the home opener, wanna talk about pressure?
VAN at TC - only the first place team in the conference
MH at TC - last game before christmas, high expectations to keep it going without chet (1st shutout)
TC at SEA - won the game in a shootout, first career shootout
TC at SPO - first game after the break in spokane
TC at Van - while chet was injured, again only the best team in the conference
TC at SPO - in spokane

martyiniuk;
TC at POR - worst team in the division
SPO at TC - tough team, much easier game at home then as visitors
TC at PG - worst team in BC division
POR at TC - worst team in the division
POR at TC - ' '
PG at TC - ' '
SPO at TC - at home again

so compare those and ask yourself who do you think they think is better?

September 9th, 2009, 5:54 pm #6

Im stating my opinion just like you are. The biggest reasons I think Marty is better is becasue like I said before, Owsley has let in some of the softest goals I have ever witnessed. Anyways GO AMS GO

September 9th, 2009, 7:57 pm #7

Just curious, have either of you seen Owl, or marty play yet this pre-season? I'm sure both are better than last year, but i'm curious as to who is "more" improved.

September 9th, 2009, 10:50 pm #8

They both do look better than last season but I just don't know. I guess we just have to hope for the best!