Board of Directors

Board of Directors

November 23rd, 2011, 1:33 pm #1

Bruce Voges resigned from the Board of Directors yesterday. We wish "Boats" well and hope he keeps in touch. We are forever grateful to Bruce for being on the Gold Crew and all he has done for the Memorial the last 11 years. Fair winds and a following sea Bruce.

The Board of Directors immediately voted to add Chris Donahue to the remaining two years of Bruce's term. Welcome Aboard Chris and we look forward to your continued devotion and dedication to the Memorial.

Ken Frank
President USS LST Ship Memorial Inc.

November 24th, 2011, 2:00 am #2

to all of the newly elected Officers and Board members. Thanks to you, and those who are continuing their terms for keeping LST 325 running profitably. When you see a LST Sailor come aboard and have looked closely at his expression, have seen the look in his eyes... and feel the electricity of the memories flowing, you know what a great gift you are giving by your service. You honor my Dad and so many other LST Veterans by your efforts. Since they can only speak to us in memories, I share their thanks with you.

I don't leave out the thousands upon thousands of Amphib Veterans or those who have been carried into battle or to safety by these ships. They also receive the benefits of your efforts in being remembered.

As for our dear friend Boats, he will remain part of our family and a revered Gold Crew member, always close to our heart. Many thanks to him and all of our Gold Crew for bringing the grey Lady back to us. The gift you have given us is priceless beyond words. It has brought our loved ones back to life in our memories and given us a glimpse of why they were the men that they were.

(On a lighter side, PLEASE tell me that this doesn't mean Gator Gals have to call Chris "Director Donahue"!!!)

November 24th, 2011, 5:17 am #3

Wonder how long it will be before Kipplee's refuses to screen his offical phone calls.......lol

CONGRATULATIONS Chris

November 25th, 2011, 3:46 am #4

to all of the newly elected Officers and Board members. Thanks to you, and those who are continuing their terms for keeping LST 325 running profitably. When you see a LST Sailor come aboard and have looked closely at his expression, have seen the look in his eyes... and feel the electricity of the memories flowing, you know what a great gift you are giving by your service. You honor my Dad and so many other LST Veterans by your efforts. Since they can only speak to us in memories, I share their thanks with you.

I don't leave out the thousands upon thousands of Amphib Veterans or those who have been carried into battle or to safety by these ships. They also receive the benefits of your efforts in being remembered.

As for our dear friend Boats, he will remain part of our family and a revered Gold Crew member, always close to our heart. Many thanks to him and all of our Gold Crew for bringing the grey Lady back to us. The gift you have given us is priceless beyond words. It has brought our loved ones back to life in our memories and given us a glimpse of why they were the men that they were.

(On a lighter side, PLEASE tell me that this doesn't mean Gator Gals have to call Chris "Director Donahue"!!!)
Bruce will certainly be missed. The down side to the position is that John told me I have to treat you folks with more respect. He only mentioned the gator gals, Skivvy Waver, and Flt Tech. It was agreed that Bop Pointer and Jerry Howe are still fair game. I start my sensitivity training on Monday. Thanks Seabat.

November 25th, 2011, 8:21 am #5

On your new position now the rest of us can enjoy peace and quite, cause your head is going to be so big it will not fit thru the hatches, and door ways to bug us.

November 26th, 2011, 8:19 am #6

it's not Seabat cookies this year. What's your address?

November 26th, 2011, 1:58 pm #7

Bruce will certainly be missed. The down side to the position is that John told me I have to treat you folks with more respect. He only mentioned the gator gals, Skivvy Waver, and Flt Tech. It was agreed that Bop Pointer and Jerry Howe are still fair game. I start my sensitivity training on Monday. Thanks Seabat.
That doesn't mean I have to quit picking on you does it ??

:)

November 26th, 2011, 9:54 pm #8

I wouldn't feel loved if you all weren't beating me like a drum on here.

December 1st, 2011, 11:47 pm #9

Does this mean we get your credit card number so we can use it to get our Pizza without hearing you cry? Rocky

December 4th, 2011, 9:46 pm #10

Rocky, and be sure Chris didn't give you the ship's card instead of his!