Irrelevant post

Irrelevant post

TimJ
TimJ

January 25th, 2017, 11:50 pm #1

The title warned you already, but...

Tonight, I heard for probably the first and last time in my life, "Seventeen" played in a bar I was drinking at in London.

Any of our American friends reading this thinking, "so what, back in the day, Winger got played all the time"...no. It never happened over in the UK, unless you were in a rock club.

Anyway. Made me happy.

Nozomi
Nozomi

January 26th, 2017, 4:38 am #2

Lovely!!

Sachiko
Sachiko

January 26th, 2017, 9:49 am #3

The title warned you already, but...

Tonight, I heard for probably the first and last time in my life, "Seventeen" played in a bar I was drinking at in London.

Any of our American friends reading this thinking, "so what, back in the day, Winger got played all the time"...no. It never happened over in the UK, unless you were in a rock club.

Anyway. Made me happy.
So nice,Tim. I know how you feel!

PaddyC
PaddyC

January 27th, 2017, 10:01 am #4

s'funny the wee things that make you smile.

I was in a pub a couple of years ago in Hull (of all places) when the guy who was playing an acoustic guitar and singing a huge variety of songs sang Easy Come Easy Go!! And you know what, it was a great rendition and also made my night! And to show how eclectic the songs were his next song was Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire!

As Tim says, it's probably difficult to understand how rare it is to hear Winger over here.

Confirmation of reply: