Moulds has friend, fan in Vikings tackle

March 29th, 2007, 2:37 pm #1

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 03/28/2007 11:33:41 PM CDT

Last week, free-agent receiver Eric Moulds chatted with longtime friend and Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams about a possible reunion.

After playing with Moulds for eight seasons in Buffalo, Williams hopes his friend can provide some much-needed depth at receiver.

"I think he would add to the team," Williams said. "I think he would help the other receivers out. He trains hard.

"I'm hoping it happens," Williams said. "If we get him, it would take pressure off of everybody. We wouldn't need to draft a receiver."

Williams said Vikings officials haven't sought his opinion on Moulds. But Williams said Moulds, a 12-year veteran, is a hard worker with plenty of skills.

His most recent 1,000-yard season was in 2004, and Moulds had only modest production in 2005 and 2006.

"He ain't had no quarterbacks," Williams said.

After being released by the Houston Texans, Moulds has drawn only lukewarm interest from a couple of teams.

March 29th, 2007, 2:52 pm #2

It would seem that having a guy with some leadership skills and maybe a little left in the tank would be helpful. But I'm not sure Moulds is "kickassian" enough for Childress.

Minnesta Vikings -- No O.

March 30th, 2007, 11:33 am #3

KICKASSIAN

Because, y'know, I'm still wondering how Bobby Wade will be that much better than Travis Taylor. There is a new set of standards in place in Winter Park with which I am still unfamiliar.

PEACE
Last edited by Wembley_Awesome on March 30th, 2007, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 30th, 2007, 1:19 pm #4

Main Entry: kick·ass·i·an
Pronunciation: kik-'ass-e-&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin kikusassus
1 : being in the state of dying : approaching death, esp. near endzones
2 : being in a state of inactivity or obsolescence on 3rd and long

Of course, I'm getting my definition from context.

March 30th, 2007, 11:12 pm #5

... because very few Latin words actually used the letter k. In Classical Latin pronunciation, the letter c always takes a "hard" sound regardless of the vowel which follows it. Therefore the root should have been spelled cicusassus in order to achieve maximum credibility.

By the 2nd century BC spoken or vulgar Latin may have started to distinguish between "hard" and "soft" c, as well two types of g (hard & soft) and t (stopped, unstopped). These developments are reflected in Neo-Ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation still in use today, as well in Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish, which are more or less descended from vulgar Latin.

However, in classical latin pronunciation the consonant combination ch denoted a more aspirated or forceful sound. The difference is difficult for speakers of modern Romance languages as well as speakers of English to distinguish, because those languages don't distinguish between aspirated and less aspirated forms of stopped consonants.

I think an even more credulous fantasy etymology could have been presented by offering the bogus word chicusassus. The consonant pair ch still denotes a "hard" sound in Neo-Ecclesiastical Latin as well as in Italian and French.

Sometimes, however, the letter k was used in Classical Latin, but mostly for words taken directly from Koiné Greek which started with the consonant kappa. So in order to get people to buy into your claims, you should have indicated a Greek etymological root instead of a Latin root.

Bear in mind that most of what I just wrote could be just as much bullshit as what you suggested.

PEACE
Last edited by Wembley_Awesome on March 30th, 2007, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2007, 6:15 pm #6

I really did.

LOL Good read.