So...is it official?

So...is it official?

April 11th, 2012, 10:50 pm #1

After our talk last night, I know I will be hard pressed to finish the build. I'll basically have a month once I get back from AMPS, possible, but I don't want to rush it either.

Jim

April 11th, 2012, 11:14 pm #2

I emailed Brent today about the chat last night.

April 12th, 2012, 7:57 pm #3

After our talk last night, I know I will be hard pressed to finish the build. I'll basically have a month once I get back from AMPS, possible, but I don't want to rush it either.

Jim
Everything I own is in a box right now. No chance of finishing on time and I'm currently trying to decide how to fit my workshop into my new space, which is a 10x10 basement bedroom. Not too concerned as I know others who have similar spaces and do just fine.

Thanks for the understanding and letting me/us off the hook. Here's to better model building circumstances for next year.

Brent

April 13th, 2012, 3:18 pm #4

Jim
As it seems everyone's life is so busy right now, it only makes sense. I am also pretty busy with the show in June so it makes it even more difficult.

Maybe we should revisit this in the summer?

April 13th, 2012, 5:13 pm #5

Jim
If Edmonton keeps co-hosting the WCRMC, then it perhaps make sense to do the GB on the year we will be in Calgary. Lets face it, the most fun can be selecting the subject . And it just seems more 'special' when that process takes place out of town.Though, if you can't get it done in two years, the DNF fine should go up to $200.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 14th, 2012, 5:12 am #6

Jim
.........we could build something for the contest in Calgary at the Military Museum on September 15th.

Perhaps something that will put a spark back into the build? Revell Ventura's?

Totally agree with the decision though.

April 14th, 2012, 12:35 pm #7

who is going to build during the summer

April 14th, 2012, 3:25 pm #8

I do plan on taking in that show though. I have never been to the Military Museums in Calgary. I have only driven by them.

I got my Special Hobby Seafire Mk XV. Very nice kit, it actually arrived the day of the meeting, I just didn't know it was sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick it up.

I also have the Vector Venrtura resin, very nice. I will bring it when I get the bulkhead to you. Are you free during the week or are you in Calagary most of the time? I have many free days in this job.

April 14th, 2012, 4:02 pm #9

This week is open so far except Tuesday.
Last edited by ffirefighter13 on April 14th, 2012, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 14th, 2012, 8:47 pm #10

nt