New suport for IPMS Canada

New suport for IPMS Canada

February 29th, 2012, 4:51 am #1

Hi guys

As if I don't have enough to do already but last week I sat in on a Skype conference call with the exec of IPMS Canada. It seems that somehow I am now the new IPMS Canada eNewsletter editor. I don't even remember voting for it.

The newsletter is planned to be issued between the regular issues of RT. I hope I can rely on your support as I have some ideas that I would not mind running by you guys. One of the ideas I had was an interview with you Jim regarding the masters you did for Maple Leaf Models? Stuff like that. We can have a coffee some time and discuss.

IPMS Canada is going through some large changes right now. Jamie is no longer National Director. Bob Migliardi will be filling that position in the interim. We'll see how all of this plays out.

February 29th, 2012, 7:25 pm #2

After a long hiatus. R/T is a slick magazine; its right up my interest level with a high amount of cancon. I promised Steve some AFV articles.... but that would require me to actually finish something...

GD

March 1st, 2012, 2:50 am #3

As for finishing something, your AMX 30/Centurion article wold be a pretty cool article for RT.

Hey, by the way, did you ever have your gattling gun Grizzly model published anywhere? If not I would not mind running something like that in the upcoming newsletter. I am aiming for April 2012 for the first issue to hit email in boxes so I think your article would be prefect so to speak.

March 2nd, 2012, 12:20 am #4

Yah, I have to get busy and get some things written up for both the Bulletin and RT. Been out of IPMS Canada for too long, will rejoin soon.

Jim

March 2nd, 2012, 3:57 am #5

As for finishing something, your AMX 30/Centurion article wold be a pretty cool article for RT.

Hey, by the way, did you ever have your gattling gun Grizzly model published anywhere? If not I would not mind running something like that in the upcoming newsletter. I am aiming for April 2012 for the first issue to hit email in boxes so I think your article would be prefect so to speak.
I don't mind whoring out it again for IPMS though.

GD

March 2nd, 2012, 5:03 am #6

This would be for the NEW IPMS Canada enewsletter. I think it would be cool considering it would be in the April issue and all the connotations that brings.

March 2nd, 2012, 3:42 pm #7

Hi guys

As if I don't have enough to do already but last week I sat in on a Skype conference call with the exec of IPMS Canada. It seems that somehow I am now the new IPMS Canada eNewsletter editor. I don't even remember voting for it.

The newsletter is planned to be issued between the regular issues of RT. I hope I can rely on your support as I have some ideas that I would not mind running by you guys. One of the ideas I had was an interview with you Jim regarding the masters you did for Maple Leaf Models? Stuff like that. We can have a coffee some time and discuss.

IPMS Canada is going through some large changes right now. Jamie is no longer National Director. Bob Migliardi will be filling that position in the interim. We'll see how all of this plays out.
Would also like to get out of doing the Edmonton newsletter. I think I'd prefer to contribute articles. The assembly/publishing thing isn't as much fun as I thought it would be.