Graeme, the He112 and Devon Red Wessex...

Graeme, the He112 and Devon Red Wessex...

December 30th, 2009, 5:55 pm #1

Finished the He112 this morning. Number 21 and the final build for this year.I thought I would post it as you were wondering what it looked like. Also added the 'Red' Wessex for your amusement.The rattle can silver is going on the bottom of the RAF Sabre F4 today.

Cheers, Vic

December 30th, 2009, 10:20 pm #2

Vic

that is cool. For some silly reason I love those schemes probably because it has more than one colour.

By the way, whose kit is that?

Chris

December 30th, 2009, 11:35 pm #3

Thanks, and it is a Classic Airframes kit but one of their older ones. I learned a new lesson today. Do not spray rattle can paint in the garage if it is -18! Even though I just sprayed it there only, I have a serious case of orange peel! Good thing the silver is on the bottom only...

Last edited by ffirefighter13 on December 31st, 2009, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 31st, 2009, 2:42 am #4

That Heinkel reminds me of a modernized Stuka with a bubble canopy! Was the Stuka made by Heinkel?

The builds are so clean, really flawless. The Wessex shows what can be done with basic* build techniques and a bit of detailing

*basic not meant as insulting, but rather that proper gluing, filling, sanding can still go a long way on a simple kit.

Oh yeah, spraying at -18 not good. Then again, neither is spraying inside the house! I did manage to paint some things for Zoe. I made sure everthing was at room temp, warmed the rattle can, and darted into the garage to spray. Just got a quick coat laid down, less than 20 seconds, and back inside the house with the parts to dry in the bathroom with the extractor fan on. No orange peel, in fact, probably my smoothest spray can work!

I swung by Micheals today after coffee and picked up some 'crystal clear' craft glue. Its used for gluing beads onto fabric, so it should be pretty strong. Going to try it on the Chinook clear parts.

GD

December 31st, 2009, 2:43 am #5

Thanks, and it is a Classic Airframes kit but one of their older ones. I learned a new lesson today. Do not spray rattle can paint in the garage if it is -18! Even though I just sprayed it there only, I have a serious case of orange peel! Good thing the silver is on the bottom only...
Nice job matching the spinner colours to the roundels. What finish did you use on the prop blades?

GD

December 31st, 2009, 4:04 am #6

That Heinkel reminds me of a modernized Stuka with a bubble canopy! Was the Stuka made by Heinkel?

The builds are so clean, really flawless. The Wessex shows what can be done with basic* build techniques and a bit of detailing

*basic not meant as insulting, but rather that proper gluing, filling, sanding can still go a long way on a simple kit.

Oh yeah, spraying at -18 not good. Then again, neither is spraying inside the house! I did manage to paint some things for Zoe. I made sure everthing was at room temp, warmed the rattle can, and darted into the garage to spray. Just got a quick coat laid down, less than 20 seconds, and back inside the house with the parts to dry in the bathroom with the extractor fan on. No orange peel, in fact, probably my smoothest spray can work!

I swung by Micheals today after coffee and picked up some 'crystal clear' craft glue. Its used for gluing beads onto fabric, so it should be pretty strong. Going to try it on the Chinook clear parts.

GD
The Stuka was made by Junkers. Actually I sprayed the same way you did. Funny, it did look pebbly, but checking later it did smooth off

December 31st, 2009, 4:05 am #7

Nice job matching the spinner colours to the roundels. What finish did you use on the prop blades?

GD
s