So You want to know about my Rank....I'm glad to share

So You want to know about my Rank....I'm glad to share

September 18th, 2007, 3:23 pm #1

Sorry for the delay in getting back as I was out of town in Pennsylvania with Master Rainer Schulte conducting a 3 day seminar at Michael Miller's dojo in Pennsylvania.
I was called about this on going post of questions by a "anonymous" person who has an interest in my rank or my history. Let me say this...for those who slam a few of us as we ask questions on questionable rank and titles what comes around goes around.
Now I will first ask anyone on this Forum if they know a man by the name Francisco Conde?
If you do and have been around for a good 25 or more years you would have never asked this question in regards to my Rank or history, but I enjoy the challenge.
Now my next question would be do you have the book Mr.Parker wrote in 1975 called '"The Nunchaku" it is has a yellow cover to it?
If you look carefully you will read that one of Ed Parker's student's created a nunchaku called Conchaku, which was named after Frncisco Conde.
Master Conde was my first teacher since the age of 16 years old and the man who allowed me many golden opportunities in my young age and the best one came in 1978 was meeting Ed Parker as I competed in a Tournament hosted by Master Conde in Baltimore Maryland.
For you historians out there and I throw this at you Joe Rebello what do you anyone know about Master Conde and his history with Ed Parker?
Let me assist you in your research about him, try and find the publication "Karate Illustrated" June 1979 page 36 as it headlines..Bringing it all back home: A Saga of Martial Integrity written by DR.Jose Jones.
My First Degree Black belt was a performance done in Lancaster, Pa. in front of Master Conde, GM Ed Parker sr, and Denise Conde. Along with myself was Max Poona, John Pastrana, Papo Pagan, and Isreal Dejusus.
My Kenpo Journey was brief from the days under Master Conde as he was a man on the East Coast who was well schooled in 5 systems as his background came from his Military training. We were definietly a Fighting School and Conde was not fond of those who quit or gave up easy.
My relationship with Master Parker was and has been since the time in Baltimore in 1978 and it only grew further when I finally moved to Florida in 1983. My training with Conde started to slow down because of his health and my distance. In calling Mr.Parker at his home he asked me to meet him in Miami to discuss my future with him and the IKKA and so I went.
I will not go crazy here with feeding my certificates of rank with who, where or when. I have had many top instructors who have allowed me the Honor to train with them including Kickboxing Legend Joe Lewis who has been a frequent guest at my Florida camp along with Bill Wallace who I have known both for over 20 years.
All of my rank has come as my choice from those who I wanted train with and be accepted by. I never once asked for it but was made to earn it by all of them. My Lineage is not in question nor has it ever been in question.
I have personal letters from GM Ed Parker written to me on our relationship as well as what he thought of my abilities to instruct. Testimonials and
credentials have always been something I take serious and will never take slight by my Mentors and my teachers who I earned them from.
My Loyalty to Ed Parker and the Art of Kenpo is a passion and a profession I take with sincere interest as well as enjoyment.
To this day I have every diploma and every specail item of specail gifts that were given to me by people like Master Conde, SGM Ed Parker, GM Dave Hebler,GM Mike Pick,GM Joe Lewis,and Master Rainer Schulte.
At 18 years old Master Conde gave me a hand crafted pair of kali sticks given to him by a Filipino Master from his home town of Manila....in which to this day still have , Dave Hebler allowed me to have his personal TCB chain given to him by Elvis Presley, Joe Lewis has given me his
signature boxing gloves and also wrote in my book "Memories of Ed Parker to Sean- A Great Teacher, Keep the Force!
Master Rainer Schulte has given me his original IKKA belt handbooks,and other IKKA memorbilia as a token of friendship and in his words...I want you to have these for me as they were given to me by Ed Parker and so I want to pass them on to you for being a good role model in the Kenpo Community.
Titles, Tags, certificates and belts mean nothing to anyone if there is no history behind them. My rank is my history with the people who were special to me at the time it was happening.
The only rank I ever refused was from the WKKA when Joe Polanzo wanted to promote me to 5th and I said No Thank you, my teacher at that time was Mr. Lee Wedlake and until he says okay then I'll wear it.
My training with Huk Planas came through the recommendation and lineage of Lee Wedlake since Lee was his top guy at this point.Being very loyal to Master Planas lee had said all rank above 5th must be approved by Huk PLanas since he was the senior in our line.
My training with both Lee and Huk was one of great learning and something I will always be honored for as I was also one of the few who earned Huk's personal patch, which meant I knew the system as he wanted it to be understood.
All my rank was from First Generation Parker Black belts and i am to be proud of that. I could care less what others think or want to say with playing with dates, or people since they were not there it doesn't matter.
I will say this for those in Kenpo land..I am the only person who has access to Grandmaster Francisco Conde and we have spoken just yesterday after a 5 year time loss. He is now 75 years old and he is healthy but is in a wheel chair as of now.
He did ask how Ed Parker jr was doing and was unaware of Mrs.Parker's passing but says he will miss her and give his best to the rest of the Parker family.
Master Conde did tell me some would be surprised to know or even unaware of his time line with SGM Ed Parker since they first me in Hawaii while he was training with Emperado's. He does say he will always consider the "Old Man" to be his most Senior teacher and that it was always an Honor to tell others of their time together that spanned over 35 years or more.
I was thrilled to have spoken to him as I am now 45 years old and my first time in being with him was at 16 years old. It was he who introduced me to the man SGM Ed Parker...and I'm still honored to ahve been so lucky.
Today my teacher and my mentor is GM Michael Robert Pick and my journey is now on a new quest along with Master Tony Coglinadro, Master Rainer Schulte and GM Dave Hebler in building an "Alliance" with those who share the same goals and interest as we do.
If you need more on my history or my background....just email me or call (561)641-0382...I would love to share this with anyone.
TCB...Sean Kelley

September 18th, 2007, 4:32 pm #2

thank you for sharing your kenpo experience.

from what I read I have the feeling that you changed teacher quite a few times.

Isn't it, in a way, a sign of disloyalty or is this just a normal process in one's journey?

thank you for sharing your thoughts.

September 18th, 2007, 5:48 pm #3

Hello,

Kenpo is a personal journey where everyone has his or her own goals and desires. Sometimes one person can be leading you in a direction that stems from where you wish to go. Many instructors have ideas of where they want you to be, but your own perception of your personal journey may not parallel that of your current instructor. That does not mean that your instructor isn't any good or has defaults. Sometimes you need to part and find someone who will assist you in meeting your personal demands. This is not being disloyal.

Let me tell you something about Mr. Kelley since I am a personal student of his. Other than Grandmaster Michael Robert Pick and Master Rainer Schulte, I have not found anyone in the Kenpo world as loyal to his instructor and past instructors as Mr. Kelley. I will give you an example. Mr. Kelley's first instructor, as you know, was Mr. Conde. Mr. Kelley talks about him often and is proud to have received his first black belt under Mr. Conde's direction. He is forever greatful to Mr. Conde for introducing him to Ed Parker.

Mr. Kelley became a student of Mr. Parker's and once he passed he began training under Lee Wedlake. Mr. Kelley still talks very highly of Mr. Wedlake. He then was led to Mr. Wedlake's teacher at the time, Huk Planas. Mr. Kelley credits Mr. Planas to instilling some great knowledge in him.

Oddly enough, Mr. Kelley just happened to be at my place this past weekend conducting a three day seminar with Master Rainer Schulte and Mr. Kelley provided several compliments towards Huk Planas, Lee Wedlake and Master Conde. To me, that is a true display of loyalty.

Mr. Kelley made the personal choice to go another direction in his journey when he went under the guidance of Grandmaster Michael Robert Pick. Mr. Kelley knows what's best for him in his Kenpo journey and having trained with all these greats can only be an honor. I am proud to be under his direction and I will not look to another as Mr. Kelley has provided me with what I need. I attend seminars with others, but learn primarily from my direct instructor, Sean Kelley.

I am very proud!

TCB

Michael Miller
CKF Public Relations Administrator
Last edited by millhouse23 on September 18th, 2007, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 18th, 2007, 6:12 pm #4

>Mr. Kelley's first instructor, as you know, was Mr. Conde.<

Have you read Sean Kelley's profile in "The Journey"?

Salute

September 18th, 2007, 6:26 pm #5

Mr. Bleecker,

Of course I read his profile and more than once. Anyway, as you know, he did begin at George Dillman's school training mostly under one of his black belts who was a former marine, but he was only there for about a year. Then he went to Mr. Conde. So, although Mr. Conde technically wasn't his first instructor, he was the first one to lead him to black belt, which I should have clarified.

Yours,

Michael Miller, CKF

September 18th, 2007, 6:52 pm #6

Sorry for the delay in getting back as I was out of town in Pennsylvania with Master Rainer Schulte conducting a 3 day seminar at Michael Miller's dojo in Pennsylvania.
I was called about this on going post of questions by a "anonymous" person who has an interest in my rank or my history. Let me say this...for those who slam a few of us as we ask questions on questionable rank and titles what comes around goes around.
Now I will first ask anyone on this Forum if they know a man by the name Francisco Conde?
If you do and have been around for a good 25 or more years you would have never asked this question in regards to my Rank or history, but I enjoy the challenge.
Now my next question would be do you have the book Mr.Parker wrote in 1975 called '"The Nunchaku" it is has a yellow cover to it?
If you look carefully you will read that one of Ed Parker's student's created a nunchaku called Conchaku, which was named after Frncisco Conde.
Master Conde was my first teacher since the age of 16 years old and the man who allowed me many golden opportunities in my young age and the best one came in 1978 was meeting Ed Parker as I competed in a Tournament hosted by Master Conde in Baltimore Maryland.
For you historians out there and I throw this at you Joe Rebello what do you anyone know about Master Conde and his history with Ed Parker?
Let me assist you in your research about him, try and find the publication "Karate Illustrated" June 1979 page 36 as it headlines..Bringing it all back home: A Saga of Martial Integrity written by DR.Jose Jones.
My First Degree Black belt was a performance done in Lancaster, Pa. in front of Master Conde, GM Ed Parker sr, and Denise Conde. Along with myself was Max Poona, John Pastrana, Papo Pagan, and Isreal Dejusus.
My Kenpo Journey was brief from the days under Master Conde as he was a man on the East Coast who was well schooled in 5 systems as his background came from his Military training. We were definietly a Fighting School and Conde was not fond of those who quit or gave up easy.
My relationship with Master Parker was and has been since the time in Baltimore in 1978 and it only grew further when I finally moved to Florida in 1983. My training with Conde started to slow down because of his health and my distance. In calling Mr.Parker at his home he asked me to meet him in Miami to discuss my future with him and the IKKA and so I went.
I will not go crazy here with feeding my certificates of rank with who, where or when. I have had many top instructors who have allowed me the Honor to train with them including Kickboxing Legend Joe Lewis who has been a frequent guest at my Florida camp along with Bill Wallace who I have known both for over 20 years.
All of my rank has come as my choice from those who I wanted train with and be accepted by. I never once asked for it but was made to earn it by all of them. My Lineage is not in question nor has it ever been in question.
I have personal letters from GM Ed Parker written to me on our relationship as well as what he thought of my abilities to instruct. Testimonials and
credentials have always been something I take serious and will never take slight by my Mentors and my teachers who I earned them from.
My Loyalty to Ed Parker and the Art of Kenpo is a passion and a profession I take with sincere interest as well as enjoyment.
To this day I have every diploma and every specail item of specail gifts that were given to me by people like Master Conde, SGM Ed Parker, GM Dave Hebler,GM Mike Pick,GM Joe Lewis,and Master Rainer Schulte.
At 18 years old Master Conde gave me a hand crafted pair of kali sticks given to him by a Filipino Master from his home town of Manila....in which to this day still have , Dave Hebler allowed me to have his personal TCB chain given to him by Elvis Presley, Joe Lewis has given me his
signature boxing gloves and also wrote in my book "Memories of Ed Parker to Sean- A Great Teacher, Keep the Force!
Master Rainer Schulte has given me his original IKKA belt handbooks,and other IKKA memorbilia as a token of friendship and in his words...I want you to have these for me as they were given to me by Ed Parker and so I want to pass them on to you for being a good role model in the Kenpo Community.
Titles, Tags, certificates and belts mean nothing to anyone if there is no history behind them. My rank is my history with the people who were special to me at the time it was happening.
The only rank I ever refused was from the WKKA when Joe Polanzo wanted to promote me to 5th and I said No Thank you, my teacher at that time was Mr. Lee Wedlake and until he says okay then I'll wear it.
My training with Huk Planas came through the recommendation and lineage of Lee Wedlake since Lee was his top guy at this point.Being very loyal to Master Planas lee had said all rank above 5th must be approved by Huk PLanas since he was the senior in our line.
My training with both Lee and Huk was one of great learning and something I will always be honored for as I was also one of the few who earned Huk's personal patch, which meant I knew the system as he wanted it to be understood.
All my rank was from First Generation Parker Black belts and i am to be proud of that. I could care less what others think or want to say with playing with dates, or people since they were not there it doesn't matter.
I will say this for those in Kenpo land..I am the only person who has access to Grandmaster Francisco Conde and we have spoken just yesterday after a 5 year time loss. He is now 75 years old and he is healthy but is in a wheel chair as of now.
He did ask how Ed Parker jr was doing and was unaware of Mrs.Parker's passing but says he will miss her and give his best to the rest of the Parker family.
Master Conde did tell me some would be surprised to know or even unaware of his time line with SGM Ed Parker since they first me in Hawaii while he was training with Emperado's. He does say he will always consider the "Old Man" to be his most Senior teacher and that it was always an Honor to tell others of their time together that spanned over 35 years or more.
I was thrilled to have spoken to him as I am now 45 years old and my first time in being with him was at 16 years old. It was he who introduced me to the man SGM Ed Parker...and I'm still honored to ahve been so lucky.
Today my teacher and my mentor is GM Michael Robert Pick and my journey is now on a new quest along with Master Tony Coglinadro, Master Rainer Schulte and GM Dave Hebler in building an "Alliance" with those who share the same goals and interest as we do.
If you need more on my history or my background....just email me or call (561)641-0382...I would love to share this with anyone.
TCB...Sean Kelley
just wanted you to know that,I, for one,stand behind you a 100 percent.Haven"t talked to you for awile, but would love to get in touch.I think I lost your phone #.

September 18th, 2007, 7:04 pm #7

TCB...Sean Kelley
Just your typing prowess.

September 18th, 2007, 7:06 pm #8

September 18th, 2007, 7:40 pm #9

Just your typing prowess.
GOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

September 18th, 2007, 8:37 pm #10

just wanted you to know that,I, for one,stand behind you a 100 percent.Haven"t talked to you for awile, but would love to get in touch.I think I lost your phone #.
Call my studio anytime at (561)641-0382...TCB
Sean Kelley