Like to Offer a Treaty and Gathering of Friendship to All

Like to Offer a Treaty and Gathering of Friendship to All

September 19th, 2007, 5:53 pm #1

...I have viewed and have been part of the different posts on this forum and have had time to really think about a way to possibly
make this all calm down some.
There are things being said that are becoming ridiculous and even petty to say the least. To help ease the on going mud-slinging as someone posted I have an idea to throw out.
For the last 14 years I have hosted an annual Florida Kenpo Camp and this year the dates are February 8-10, 2008. We have a great diversified line up of exciting instructors who are teaching at this event.
Since a few that are on this Forum like to make jokes about or fun of by watching Videos or other media I invite you to take a chance of stepping out behind the dark shadows of your computers,small circles or other hidden locations and be my guest for "Free" come this February 2008.
I learned along time ago the only way to change people minds is to expose them to things they might enjoy, or if you do something for "Free" they can't say you didn't try.
This offer to come to my camp is being extended to the following people first as it is obvious either myself,the CKF, Tony Cogliandro of AKI, or another group of outspoken people have created a wave of discomfort to a few of you and I want to prove that this might all go away if we can meet face to face and enjoy each others company.....VIP goes to Clyde O'Brient,Dave Crouch,Brad Marshall,James Hawkins,Tom Bleecker,AnonymousLee,Joe Rebello,Craig Tavis,Mark Wilson,Rijndeal,and Troy Wilson.
I can set aside my own differences if this is what it takes to be the person to step up and offer such a offering to those who are willing to accept my Treaty as a way to bring a few of us together than further apart.
My camps have had the likes of GM Michael Robert Pick,Dave Hebler,Frank Trejo,Jeff Speakman, Lee Wedlake, Tom Kelly,Steve LaBounty,Martin Wheeler,Huk Planas,Bill Wallace,Joe Lewis,Paul Dye,John Sepulveda,Larry Tatum,Frank Trejo,Lee Epperson, Rainer Schulte, Ed Parker jr,Gil Hibben, and many others as well.
I am also going to open up the arena to
invite the newer generations of Kenpo instructors to share their worth at my event and will soon be offering this to those who would like the opportunity to reach many from all over the world both within the United States as well as International guests as well.
For those who find this to be of interest email me at Kenpo5@aol.com and leave your name as well as contact number.
For those who are loyal to their organizations such as UKF,AKKS,IKKA,AKI,UKS,
LTKKA,WKKA,KKI,CKF,BKKU,and others we are still some how Linked as an extended family and I would enjoy your hand in friendship if at all possible!!!
TCB...Sean Kelley

September 19th, 2007, 6:14 pm #2

Mr. Kelley,

Sir I for one would like to thank you for your humble and positive step you have taken for the art and the Kenpo family. I have been waiting a very long time for someone to do this. My wife and I are expecting to have a little girl on the 7th of Feburary so I must respectfully decline this years offer. However Sir I will make it a point to be there next year,so please save me a place. I will also use what little influence I have to support your efforts in any way I can be of service.

My Respect Sir

September 19th, 2007, 6:15 pm #3

...I have viewed and have been part of the different posts on this forum and have had time to really think about a way to possibly
There are things being said that are becoming ridiculous and even petty to say the least. To help ease the on going mud-slinging as someone posted I have an idea to throw out.
For the last 14 years I have hosted an annual Florida Kenpo Camp and this year the dates are February 8-10, 2008. We have a great diversified line up of exciting instructors who are teaching at this event.
Since a few that are on this Forum like to make jokes about or fun of by watching Videos or other media I invite you to take a chance of stepping out behind the dark shadows of your computers,small circles or other hidden locations and be my guest for "Free" come this February 2008.
I learned along time ago the only way to change people minds is to expose them to things they might enjoy, or if you do something for "Free" they can't say you didn't try.
This offer to come to my camp is being extended to the following people first as it is obvious either myself,the CKF, Tony Cogliandro of AKI, or another group of outspoken people have created a wave of discomfort to a few of you and I want to prove that this might all go away if we can meet face to face and enjoy each others company.....VIP goes to Clyde O'Brient,Dave Crouch,Brad Marshall,James Hawkins,Tom Bleecker,AnonymousLee,Joe Rebello,Craig Tavis,Mark Wilson,Rijndeal,and Troy Wilson.
I can set aside my own differences if this is what it takes to be the person to step up and offer such a offering to those who are willing to accept my Treaty as a way to bring a few of us together than further apart.
My camps have had the likes of GM Michael Robert Pick,Dave Hebler,Frank Trejo,Jeff Speakman, Lee Wedlake, Tom Kelly,Steve LaBounty,Martin Wheeler,Huk Planas,Bill Wallace,Joe Lewis,Paul Dye,John Sepulveda,Larry Tatum,Frank Trejo,Lee Epperson, Rainer Schulte, Ed Parker jr,Gil Hibben, and many others as well.
invite the newer generations of Kenpo instructors to share their worth at my event and will soon be offering this to those who would like the opportunity to reach many from all over the world both within the United States as well as International guests as well.
For those who find this to be of interest email me at Kenpo5@aol.com and leave your name as well as contact number.
LTKKA,WKKA,KKI,CKF,BKKU,and others we are still some how Linked as an extended family and I would enjoy your hand in friendship if at all possible!!!
TCB...Sean Kelley
The bitch for me will be airfare. I'm buried in student loan and IRS debt, pinching pennies until Lincoln taps out. However, if I can wrangle the airfare, I will absolutely be there.

I wish my reasons were only noble, but like many others, I resent the implication that I'm a keyboard warrior only, and looking forward to placing my best foot forward in the presence of so many esteemed kenpo colleagues. That's the "ego" part.

The "purposeful living" part is that, I too take the idea of crafting a legacy for tomorrows kenpoists seriously. And if I can participate in any activity that closes the ridiculousness of these rifts a little bit, good ting. I'll even be so egotistical as to believe I have something of value to offer an open forum of kenpoists, and offer to teach a segment on an item of yours or my choosing. For the sake of clarity, my "specializations" in kenpo are mind-body connection (how internal persective and conditioning can be tuned to drive performance to new levels); body-mechanics/biomechanics of basics; vector analysis as applied to kenpo basics and technique execution (contact and control manipulation); and grafting judo throws and BJJ finishes to kenpo self-defense techniques. Or I can just show, learn, and trade bruises with cousins. Your call, as you're the facilitator of the event, and ultimately owner of the outcomes.

Joseph Campbell wrote that one interpretation for the greeting "Namaste" is "until we meet again in that place where we are all one". I don't think kenpo has a snowballs chance in hell of getting there, but I can still place palms together, speak the words, and play an active role in the effort.

Regards,

Dave
Last edited by DrDaveDC on September 19th, 2007, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 19th, 2007, 6:31 pm #4

TCB...Sean Kelley
Then maybe I could have gotten a free invite too.

All joking aside, I have to say regardless of what people say its a pretty cool gesture to invite a persons naysayers, for lack of a better word, for free into ones "House"

I hope that at least a few people take you up on it, and we are able to hear about it after the event.

September 19th, 2007, 6:40 pm #5

I resent the implication that I bashed anyone. That is just not true, other than that,I would love to go and I will definitely try.

Like I said before, I have heard many good things about Mr. Pick, I can't wait to learn from him.

Thanks for the invite Mr. Kelly.

Oh yeah one more thing, no one EVER in my life has called me a VIP. I have about a thousand people that would laugh at that assumption.

Troy

September 19th, 2007, 9:34 pm #6

TCB...Sean Kelley
Mr. Kelley, you're always extending a hand of frienship and trying to bring people together and I salute you.

Jon VanCleve
Nackord Karate
www.karate99.com

September 20th, 2007, 3:57 am #7

The bitch for me will be airfare. I'm buried in student loan and IRS debt, pinching pennies until Lincoln taps out. However, if I can wrangle the airfare, I will absolutely be there.

I wish my reasons were only noble, but like many others, I resent the implication that I'm a keyboard warrior only, and looking forward to placing my best foot forward in the presence of so many esteemed kenpo colleagues. That's the "ego" part.

The "purposeful living" part is that, I too take the idea of crafting a legacy for tomorrows kenpoists seriously. And if I can participate in any activity that closes the ridiculousness of these rifts a little bit, good ting. I'll even be so egotistical as to believe I have something of value to offer an open forum of kenpoists, and offer to teach a segment on an item of yours or my choosing. For the sake of clarity, my "specializations" in kenpo are mind-body connection (how internal persective and conditioning can be tuned to drive performance to new levels); body-mechanics/biomechanics of basics; vector analysis as applied to kenpo basics and technique execution (contact and control manipulation); and grafting judo throws and BJJ finishes to kenpo self-defense techniques. Or I can just show, learn, and trade bruises with cousins. Your call, as you're the facilitator of the event, and ultimately owner of the outcomes.

Joseph Campbell wrote that one interpretation for the greeting "Namaste" is "until we meet again in that place where we are all one". I don't think kenpo has a snowballs chance in hell of getting there, but I can still place palms together, speak the words, and play an active role in the effort.

Regards,

Dave
No joke. There is no way my schedule would permit but if you can make it happen I can send you. Of course you will have to entertain my questions after but I think you can handle it. I'm just thrilled to be on a list that isn't housed in a government office. To be clear to Mr. Kelley. I don't like your politics. That's about it. I've always said I'll train with anyone, like 'em or not. No such thing as a bad bruise. I'm afraid I'd be a dissapointment in person anyway as, at this stage of my development, I understand far more than I can do. Thus is the curse of the gray matter.

Thanks!
CT

Dave - don't blow it off hoss, You've got my email.

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller
Last edited by chtavis on September 20th, 2007, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 20th, 2007, 4:43 am #8

Then maybe I could have gotten a free invite too.

All joking aside, I have to say regardless of what people say its a pretty cool gesture to invite a persons naysayers, for lack of a better word, for free into ones "House"

I hope that at least a few people take you up on it, and we are able to hear about it after the event.
I never bash. I just yell poop when I smell it. Some folks take it personal, like I've never been told I stink before. You get used to it. Even get to like it. Mostly you should learn from it, always.

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

September 20th, 2007, 4:59 am #9

TCB...Sean Kelley
i would love to participate i have no problem with you as you know but i am eager to see some of kenpo's finest from kenponet move.
later
Jason Arnold
CANADA

September 20th, 2007, 6:07 am #10

I resent the implication that I bashed anyone. That is just not true, other than that,I would love to go and I will definitely try.

Like I said before, I have heard many good things about Mr. Pick, I can't wait to learn from him.

Thanks for the invite Mr. Kelly.

Oh yeah one more thing, no one EVER in my life has called me a VIP. I have about a thousand people that would laugh at that assumption.

Troy
VIP...Victims In Progress