IKKA ranks

IKKA ranks

June 30th, 2008, 6:09 pm #1

This newsletter from IKKA in Sept 1991 can be found in: www.ikkf

http://www.ikkf.com/images/0252/ikka%20rank.pdf

I was searching for some names and could not find them.....strange.

June 30th, 2008, 6:24 pm #2

That was a list of thirds and up.

Someone editing didn't do so well either-- Frank Elsasser is listed as a 3rd and 4th.

It was also months after Mr. Parker's death. I am sure people had already left to form their own groups, WKKA, etc.

JM

June 30th, 2008, 6:28 pm #3

Just out of curiosity, anyone know who the members of the Board of Directors were at that time?

June 30th, 2008, 6:31 pm #4

First of all when Mr. Parker died many things took place within the IKKA. Several changes were made and many people left. I would guess that those who were no longer members of the IKKA would not be mentioned.

Looking at that I can tell you it probably isn't accurate. They have Rainer Schulte listed as a 4th degree, which is incorrect. He was a 6th degree as he was promoted to 6th by Mr. Parker on March 19, 1989. Not too mention, they misspelled his name (Reiner). If they screwed that up, I am positive there are other problems with it.

There are many mysteries throughout Kenpo, but since I am writing Rainer Schulte's biography I have been trying to pinpoint some fallacies with the help of many seniors.

What names were you looking for? There is probably a reason why they are not on there.

Salute,

Michael Miller, CKF

June 30th, 2008, 6:32 pm #5

That was a list of thirds and up.

Someone editing didn't do so well either-- Frank Elsasser is listed as a 3rd and 4th.

It was also months after Mr. Parker's death. I am sure people had already left to form their own groups, WKKA, etc.

JM
It is misleading. The webmaster claims it was before Ed Parkers' passing.

In fact it was after.

There is no Huk Planas for instance.
Last edited by kenporyu on June 30th, 2008, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 30th, 2008, 6:36 pm #6

First of all when Mr. Parker died many things took place within the IKKA. Several changes were made and many people left. I would guess that those who were no longer members of the IKKA would not be mentioned.

Looking at that I can tell you it probably isn't accurate. They have Rainer Schulte listed as a 4th degree, which is incorrect. He was a 6th degree as he was promoted to 6th by Mr. Parker on March 19, 1989. Not too mention, they misspelled his name (Reiner). If they screwed that up, I am positive there are other problems with it.

There are many mysteries throughout Kenpo, but since I am writing Rainer Schulte's biography I have been trying to pinpoint some fallacies with the help of many seniors.

What names were you looking for? There is probably a reason why they are not on there.

Salute,

Michael Miller, CKF
and I was surprised to see Mr Pick as only 4th.

June 30th, 2008, 6:41 pm #7

You know as well as I do that Mr. Pick was a 7th when Mr. Parker died. Keep in mind that I noticed many weird things on there--like Dave Hebler as well, who was also a 7th.

That is why you have to take things like this lightly.

Michael Miller, CKF

June 30th, 2008, 6:42 pm #8

and I was surprised to see Mr Pick as only 4th.
Moreover.
It is not because somebody leaves an organisation that he should lose his rank....

June 30th, 2008, 6:45 pm #9

I totally agree. They didn't lose their rank. Whoever did this missed many things. It could have been an honest mistake, but doubtful.

Many names were missing and many ranks were off.

Michael Miller, CKF

June 30th, 2008, 10:12 pm #10

Here is what I really hate, 2 men listed as seventh becasue they paid tons of $$$ - can't do kenpo, but they held really large seminars in my area for Mr. parker. Campos and Izzo - Izzo later sued Speakman for showing them kenpo and several black belts went to train under Speakman and the late Burt Randio