......if Mr. Parker Sr. was still alive today.

......if Mr. Parker Sr. was still alive today.

August 21st, 2007, 11:56 pm #1

Hey, I just had a thought cross my mind just a few minutes ago and I was wondering what alot of people would say...

So, how do you think things would be if Mr. Parker was still alive today? Would we still have the IKKA? Would there still be the original "Pasadena Studio" Would alot of seniors out there still be around instead of branching off and doing their thing? What would the politics be like, if any? IKC's?

Kinda wierd to think about for me, but just wondering.....

respectfully,
Maurice A. Gomez Sr.

August 22nd, 2007, 12:06 am #2

What if Bill Gates had died in 1985?

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

August 22nd, 2007, 5:27 am #3

Well, then he wouldn't have had a chance to steal ideas from Steve Jobes (sp?) and buy DOS from some guy that didn't know what it could do. Plus wouldn't have stole the idea of the mouse from Xerox.

Microsoft probably wouldn't be where it's at today and Steve Jobes would be the top dude and we'd all be using Apple Computers.

August 22nd, 2007, 3:02 pm #4

CT

Dennis Miller
As a nerdy computer geek of the same age, I would have filled the power vaccuum.

August 22nd, 2007, 4:06 pm #5

Hey, I just had a thought cross my mind just a few minutes ago and I was wondering what alot of people would say...

So, how do you think things would be if Mr. Parker was still alive today? Would we still have the IKKA? Would there still be the original "Pasadena Studio" Would alot of seniors out there still be around instead of branching off and doing their thing? What would the politics be like, if any? IKC's?

Kinda wierd to think about for me, but just wondering.....

respectfully,
Maurice A. Gomez Sr.
If EPSr was alive today there would not be a webstite that tells the story that he got a 10th Dan from Professor Chow

August 23rd, 2007, 7:24 am #6

If he were alive today, Gary Brewer would be at one of his seminars getting his picture taken with him claiming to have been trained by him.

August 23rd, 2007, 11:36 am #7

Dan, I have never claimed to have trained with EPSr.. In fact some of the things that happened in that date and time, is why I trained at a location in North Hollywood at Johnny Leonings.

August 23rd, 2007, 7:04 pm #8

CT

Dennis Miller
Windows 3.1 was around by then. That was why I picked that year. Mr. Parker had certainly started the ball rolling by the time he passed. Look at the difference between 3.1 and 2000 (XP and vista suck)and you might be able to draw a nice parallel to what Mr. Parker might have done. I think it's a good example because Mr. Bill has always been able to take someone else's concept make it street wise and own it.

Thanks!
CT

Dennis Miller

August 24th, 2007, 7:18 am #9

Dan, I have never claimed to have trained with EPSr.. In fact some of the things that happened in that date and time, is why I trained at a location in North Hollywood at Johnny Leonings.

Parker wouldn't let you work out on the bag for free? You were supposedly only a white belt with Leoning right?

August 24th, 2007, 4:13 pm #10

For free, LOL Nothing is free we all have to pay the freight, I have found.

Yes I was only a white, left his location when I went into LEO. LAPD used a different set of rules and procedures. Bob Koga was the instructor for those procedures.

But what I learned at Leonings was a great experience, and is still with me.