Form 6 video

Form 6 video

December 23rd, 2008, 7:52 pm #1

I do not know this guy, but just came across this. He moves like a Kung-fu stylist. Maybe he purchased a form 6 vhs tape to learn the form? What are your thoughts about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6s7BrDJlo

Last edited by millhouse23 on December 23rd, 2008, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 8:10 pm #2

That was painful. I could not watch the whole video. Actually, I saw trouble coming just from his salutation.
Last edited by Kirkland2 on December 23rd, 2008, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 8:20 pm #3

I agree.

December 23rd, 2008, 8:26 pm #4

Mike You went in and edited your post and the video is now no good. Can you redo it? Then stay away from editing

I'd like to see it myself...Maybe get something going here...

Thanks, Gary

December 23rd, 2008, 8:39 pm #5

I agree.
<span>That is how I found it</span>

<span></span><span>Mike B</span>

<span></span> 

<span>edit: responded to the wrong message in thread meant to respond to Gary's post</span>

Last edited by mwb1004 on December 23rd, 2008, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 9:11 pm #6

I'll do it and get back, I am sure others are waiting and want to know my thoughts... Gee, I'll be nice.

Here is the link again...

I watched it, anyone who does it is getting a great exercise. I have nothing like that in my backpack of kata/forms (don't care for them much)...

So if he was able to remember all that, what rank should he be in the system of AK???

Lets see some that are supposed to represent the correct and pure AK Form 6...

Who dare do it? LOL

Regards,

Gary
Last edited by BGile on December 23rd, 2008, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 9:20 pm #7

Mike You went in and edited your post and the video is now no good. Can you redo it? Then stay away from editing

I'd like to see it myself...Maybe get something going here...

Thanks, Gary
It works now.

December 23rd, 2008, 9:50 pm #8

I do not know this guy, but just came across this. He moves like a Kung-fu stylist. Maybe he purchased a form 6 vhs tape to learn the form? What are your thoughts about this?

I guess we all have differing paths to some degree. It is nice that he is on his path.

Has anybody here ever seen Ed do form 6 ? If so can you please comment on it!

Regards,
Carl

December 23rd, 2008, 10:03 pm #9

Carl,

You don't know me but I stumbled across your youtube videos and I must say that I really enjoyed the way you do your forms. Nice, technical, but with flow and intermittent power. Kudos to you sir.

Ron

December 23rd, 2008, 10:04 pm #10

That was painful. I could not watch the whole video. Actually, I saw trouble coming just from his salutation.
did you not like about that mechanical movement that none the less was accurate in depiction?

His fingers were open, but, he hit the twist stance, which seems to be a lost stance in most of the salutations I see in person and on video.

His F6 was very mechanical, he may want to try it again with a mopre relaxed posture, but he doesn't need anyone here bagging on him, especially is your screen name does not have a history of being on video.

He also looks like he has an instructor that did not tell him to make the form his own, he looks like he is trying to be shorter. For a bigger person, trying to imitate a smaller persons form is a mistake. He's long and lanky, he needs to project big man Kenpo.

He'll do better, I am sure.

Clark