For the Love of God! Kenpo please!

For the Love of God! Kenpo please!

September 28th, 2007, 6:45 pm #1

More discussion...
Let's go over Sleeper...All facets of the tech, starting with footwork.
Step to 10:30 in a Neutral,Pivot in place to a Forward, Cat around to a Horse facing 12, shift to 4:30 into a Forward Bow(and hang them in the hold), and pivot to face 6 in a Close Kneel, correct?
Last edited by jasonasmith on September 28th, 2007, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 28th, 2007, 7:01 pm #2

The step to 10:30. This is dangerous and has the same problems as leaping crane.

Perhaps step back into a left netural bow stabilize the base and index a bracing angle check prior to the pivot.

September 28th, 2007, 7:12 pm #3

New guy here...
I get the step back into the Neutral...
"Bracing angle check" sounds SL-4ish, so I'm lost...
The Leaping Crane discussion on KN got too technical for me, so I bailed...It was interesting, but WAY over my head, after a while

September 28th, 2007, 7:17 pm #4

The attacker throws a step though right punch.
You step back as you unwind into the neutral bow and deliver your left inward block to the outside of the attackers right arm. Leave it in place bracing against the attackers arm when you pivot into the forward bow.This give you structual reinforcement

September 28th, 2007, 7:35 pm #5

Thanks for your patience, Boss.

September 28th, 2007, 7:41 pm #6

Note: When you pivot into the forward bow the ridge hand strike will prob. Knock them out.

September 28th, 2007, 7:41 pm #7

The attacker throws a step though right punch.
You step back as you unwind into the neutral bow and deliver your left inward block to the outside of the attackers right arm. Leave it in place bracing against the attackers arm when you pivot into the forward bow.This give you structual reinforcement
The attacker's body mass will continue forward into the ridgehand, thus intensifying the blow...Correct?

September 28th, 2007, 7:43 pm #8

The step to 10:30. This is dangerous and has the same problems as leaping crane.

Perhaps step back into a left netural bow stabilize the base and index a bracing angle check prior to the pivot.
<< The step to 10:30. This is dangerous and has the same problems as leaping crane. >>

Not sure that I agree. Please explain how this has not worked as taught in the curriculum? Of all the techs I've had problems with it hasn't been Sleeper or Leaping Crane from the "way it's written". Can you please explain what problems you've run into by stepping to 10:30 on both these techs? Thanks.

<< Perhaps step back into a left netural bow stabilize the base and index a bracing angle check prior to the pivot. >>

So this would be more like taking the Attacking Mace approach to Sleeper. Hmmm...will have to play around with that as I've not thought it from this direction before. Like I said I've not had any problems with 10:30 but I'll see what happens with stepping back. I just don't think it'll be with Clyde or William throwing the punch though....eeks.

Back to the mats,

Angela
Last edited by kenpoangel on September 28th, 2007, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 28th, 2007, 7:50 pm #9

about that too. If 10:30 became a problem for me I would assume a)I wasn't waiting for the catalyst or b)I missed a check. I like sleeper when I don't screw it up.

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

September 28th, 2007, 8:00 pm #10

You are trying to slip a punch with a minor factor move.(parry)
Minor factor moves do come in place followed by a major offensive moves I agree.

Have you ever been hit doing sheid and sword?

Same issue