Flashing Mace

Flashing Mace

September 26th, 2007, 4:55 pm #1

Here we go folks.

First set of questions.

Who can really make this tech work?
When does the tech begin?
And is this a bad tech,bad ussage of principle,or is there a miising link.

The missing link is what I will expand on.

Thanks
Last edited by marshallskenpo on September 26th, 2007, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 26th, 2007, 5:44 pm #2

Is there a relationship of the two techs and why.

Both techs start the same way

September 26th, 2007, 7:02 pm #3

Here we go folks.

First set of questions.

Who can really make this tech work?
When does the tech begin?
And is this a bad tech,bad ussage of principle,or is there a miising link.

The missing link is what I will expand on.

Thanks
I usually stay out of the Kenpo technique commentary, but this is one of my favorite techniques and YES it works and Yes I can pull it off everytime. If you can pull of a spinning back knuckle when sparring(Full Contact not Point)then you can pull this tech off very easy. The key is the inward block and wrist clip being timed with the lead left foot and the placement and timing of the right leg following the clip. The face shot is there but its only there as a transitional strike,( Shock value) You should end up at a 90 degree angle to the attacker and have a full body weight settle with you back knuckle in his ribs when you unwind from the right foot crossover foot manuver. It can generate just as much force as thundering hammers can on the rib shot. The right hand parries the arm, left hand waiter checks the the same arm, then there is another massive settle that take place when you drop the arm down with the waiter check. This also makes the opponent bend and run right into your looping back knuckle that is timmed exactly as the settle happens. The opponent is falling into a raising hand. Its a devistating blow. We have had a few almost knockouts in the friday night Line running this technique. It takes practice and many hours of hard work to get this tech to pop. But when it does it feels so gooooood!! And YES it works well!

Hope this helps
A Collado

September 26th, 2007, 7:30 pm #4

This tech works well. My questions have to do along this line.

One when you step thru the hammerfist ( shock factor ) carrys you through the strike.
Then your right foot places you behind your attacker with your back to them.
Followed by spin,pressing check and then the hooking parry,and looping back knuckle.

My question is this. Glancing salute gives us the first part of the tech. So in flashing mace is the initial respones to the clip due to the fact that we missed the arm break?

Also have you done the step through going through the leg instead of behind it?
If you step through the leg the glancing hammer fist that you apply in flashing mace may become a hammer fist to the orbital socket. Thus driving the attacker back,and the second part of the tech would be applied more like raining claw.

Thanks just questions I have
Last edited by marshallskenpo on September 26th, 2007, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 26th, 2007, 8:23 pm #5

There are undoubtedly better answers than this but here's why I like it. It sets you up to watch a potential attacker from 10 o'clock or as the first in a sequence of attackers. I like techniques that can be run at different angles so I can set up what follows much as I would a pool shot.

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
Peterson_charlie@hotmail.com

September 26th, 2007, 8:50 pm #6

Did you ever consider this to be a multiple attacker tech?

September 26th, 2007, 9:07 pm #7

Precisely what I was thinking,

But then we do have Ram and Eagle for that

Back to the mats,

Angela

September 26th, 2007, 9:19 pm #8

mmmm, then there is parting snakes

September 26th, 2007, 9:20 pm #9

There are undoubtedly better answers than this but here's why I like it. It sets you up to watch a potential attacker from 10 o'clock or as the first in a sequence of attackers. I like techniques that can be run at different angles so I can set up what follows much as I would a pool shot.

Take it out on the heavy bag,

Chuck Peterson
Peterson_charlie@hotmail.com
Going thru the leg changes the entire application,the same applys to Glancing Salute,and circling windmills

September 26th, 2007, 9:22 pm #10

mmmm, then there is parting snakes
But I was trying to stay in the pattern of Flashing Mace,

But Parting of the Snakes I like alot as part of the two attacker techniques. The strikes and the pattern are more my speed than some of the others but I don't discount them in anyway because as everyone knows, they are just patterns of movement and you don't have to work the entire technique necessarily for it to still be part of the technique to defend yourself.

Just lovin the system!

Back to the mats,

Angela