David Pantano - 5th Degree Black Belt!

David Pantano - 5th Degree Black Belt!

October 17th, 2007, 12:39 am #1

I just wanted to take the time to congratulate a good friend of mine, David Pantano, who was promoted to 5th Degree Black Belt by Larry Tatum on the weekend.

David is one heck of a great guy, whose passion for his family, Kenpo, and his students, is evident in all that he does.

David - I am sorry I could not be in attendance my friend (I had a funeral to attend on Saturday, coupled with a terrible stomach infection), but my students said that you (and Carrie) were awesome.

God Bless You my friend.

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com
Last edited by seabrook1 on October 17th, 2007, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 17th, 2007, 2:31 am #2

Thank you for the congrats. I will be honest with you, I did not wear the belt that my students gave me on monday night,nor did I wear it this morning when i taught my day class or private lessons. it was kind of wierd, i wore my old belt yeaterday and no belt this morning. I felt awkward at first, then I put it on in time for night class. had to get used to the idea I guess. believe me, I am humbled by the new rank,i am going to bust my ass to do right by my promotion.
I hope that you are feeling better now and I am sorry to hear about the funeral. I will ask you about that in person.
your students were awesome, great people too.
are you going to any seminars again here in the states anytime soon?
I hope all is well with your family. take care.
-david

October 17th, 2007, 2:49 am #3

I just wanted to take the time to congratulate a good friend of mine, David Pantano, who was promoted to 5th Degree Black Belt by Larry Tatum on the weekend.

David is one heck of a great guy, whose passion for his family, Kenpo, and his students, is evident in all that he does.

David - I am sorry I could not be in attendance my friend (I had a funeral to attend on Saturday, coupled with a terrible stomach infection), but my students said that you (and Carrie) were awesome.

God Bless You my friend.

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com
Have heard nothing but good things about it,

And I can't wait to meet Carrie....hahaha...she sounds like a real pistol. Good for you

David I was talking to Larry and Joey today about the clip on your website "Women and Self Defense" Boy did I have a good chuckle watching you take that beating. You're bringing up a great class of women up there and the efforts clearly show.

Good job everyone and congratulations indeed.

Back to the mats,

Angela

October 17th, 2007, 6:12 am #4

God Bless You my friend.

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com
Copngrats to you David. I am glad to hear of your promotion.

Bill Piper
Texas Storm Kenpo
LTKKA

October 17th, 2007, 2:04 pm #5

God Bless You my friend.

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com
From your Kenpo Brothers in the Midwest and Nationwide.

Hope you liked the belt.

May you continue your success into the future!

Yours in Kenpo,

Dave Mondo
Integrated Kenpo Karate Academies

http://www.desmoineskenpo.com

October 17th, 2007, 2:59 pm #6

Hi Mr. Mondo,

I have tried to respond to your e-mail but I get a returned e-mail saying user does not exist????

We received the belts; thank you very much. His students are very proud and know that he will not let the bar go to his head.

Salute!

Carrie Yaffe

October 17th, 2007, 4:42 pm #7

Glad to hear it. Was it my work email or my AOL email that gave you the message? I know my work email recently had a problem with their servers.

Congrats again to both of you!

Yours in Kenpo,

Dave Mondo

October 17th, 2007, 8:05 pm #8

God Bless You my friend.

Jamie Seabrook
www.jamieseabrook.com
...from a Kenpo Brother in B-more. I'll have to get on the mats with you in the not so distant future when I visit my oldest sister in PA. Salute and good stuff.

James Hawkins III, SI
Hawkins Kenpo Ju Jitsu
Baltimore, MD
http://www.arnis.org/certification/regi ... awkins.htm
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kenpojujitsu3
http://www.myspace.com/kenpojames
410-948-1440

October 18th, 2007, 3:43 am #9

Glad to hear it. Was it my work email or my AOL email that gave you the message? I know my work email recently had a problem with their servers.

Congrats again to both of you!

Yours in Kenpo,

Dave Mondo

It was your work e-mail. I thought maybe it was just blocked from your server.

Again, thank you. It feels weird to wear a black belt and to be called Sensei from the little kids. There are a few students that go to my kid’s school and I hear, "Hi Sensei Carrie" being called out in the school yard, very strange feeling. LOL

Hope to meet you soon!

Carrie Yaffe

October 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm #10

Just enjoy the feeling, Carrie.

Let me know if I can help out in the future. Thanx.

Yours in Kenpo,

Dave Mondo