Clarification on Parker's Nunchaku Set and Techs.

Clarification on Parker's Nunchaku Set and Techs.

December 12th, 2006, 8:49 am #1

Mr. Parker completed a Nunchaku Set and Nunchaku Techniques. After my 3rd deg. black belt test Frank Trejo mentioned to me that there are very few people in the world that know the American Kenpo Nuchaku material. He mentioned it after watching us go through all that material in front of him.

WI, SI
UKS

December 12th, 2006, 1:57 pm #2

I really would like to get my hands on it.

Paul Canavan
AKTS and EKKA Ireland

December 12th, 2006, 2:29 pm #3

Hi Paul,

Sorry I havent been able to respond to your email yet as I had to go out of town for a seminar. I will be sending you the information I have out later tonight when I get home from work.

Yours in Kenpo,

Dave Mondo
Integrated Kenpo Karate Academy

http://www.ikkacademy.com

December 12th, 2006, 4:17 pm #4

I really would like to get my hands on it.

Paul Canavan
AKTS and EKKA Ireland

December 13th, 2006, 1:36 am #5

If only one or two people know it, and no one teaches it , and those that have dont , for whatever reason don't share it then the set is dead and may as well have not existed.
So we may as well create a new set , a more nunchaku specific and updated version and put it on open source at least people will have something.
If no one shares the knowledge dies with them and may as well have never existed.

December 13th, 2006, 7:58 am #6

For once I agree with Crazydragon. If anyone out there has knowlege of Mr. Parker's last revisions of Kenpo and its sets and forms, please help the rest of us! I would love to know Mr. Parker's chuk set and I know several dozen other people who feel the same way. We ask only for your enlightenment!

Thanks,
PMO

December 13th, 2006, 2:18 pm #7

Please send an email to me at davekenpo@aol.com and I will be glad to share what I have.

Yours in Kenpo,

Dave Mondo
Integrated Kenpo Karate Academy

http://www.ikkacademy.com

December 13th, 2006, 2:33 pm #8

Mr. Parker completed a Nunchaku Set and Nunchaku Techniques. After my 3rd deg. black belt test Frank Trejo mentioned to me that there are very few people in the world that know the American Kenpo Nuchaku material. He mentioned it after watching us go through all that material in front of him.

WI, SI
UKS
SP Sepulveda knows the Nunchaku Set. He was supposed to go through it with us on one of his visits here but we never got around to it.
Will have to remind him about it when he is next here.

Darren Mahony EKKA Ireland

December 13th, 2006, 4:07 pm #9

For once I agree with Crazydragon. If anyone out there has knowlege of Mr. Parker's last revisions of Kenpo and its sets and forms, please help the rest of us! I would love to know Mr. Parker's chuk set and I know several dozen other people who feel the same way. We ask only for your enlightenment!

Thanks,
PMO
The Nunchaku book was a concept with a few illustrations that were done with Richard Planas and Larry Tatum as models.
With Bruce Lee's movie "Enter the Dragon" that came out in 1973 Parker took advantage of the Martial Arts hype and wrote a book for those to see his views on it.
As a matter of fact my first teacher was the one being mentioned in the book creating the Nunchaku called the "Conchaku", his name was Fransico Conde.
Joe rebello has a video out there where Mr.Parker taught a seminar and put out some concepts on the weapon. You can argue until your Blue in the face...if he made a set then where is it?
My point is simple he was a busy man with lots on his plate and the demand including the franchising of schools was in high demand. One can only do so much.
If you speak to Masters Tatum and Planas they will tell you what they know of it....case closed. Carry on to something else....your beating a dead issue.
TCB...Sean Kelley

December 13th, 2006, 4:28 pm #10

There is a set and techs, not just a concept.

Funny you would bring up Bruce Lee though. Hearing Pick talk about the fruit tree in the back of Pasadena...Parker used to snap fruit off with his Nunchaku, Lee tried and smacked himself in the face...very funny story. Don't get me wrong, Lee was clearly a very dedicated and able martial artist, that day was just not his.

Next time you're in California call me up.

WI, SI
UKS