Bob Liles

Bob Liles

September 22nd, 2007, 3:33 am #1

Hi,

I noticed in Sacramento today, a school that he owns, I have tried to get in touch with him (Call) not returned.

Anyone know about him (personally) in todays world of Kenpo. I have read numerous articles, looking for a person who knows him (really, a student or an associate) who can tell me more about his location hours etc...
Nothing on the building other then a name of "Ed Parker's Karate" Hmmm.

I have not been to a real Ed Parker Kenpo location. I am not sure one exists, but I was curious, any thoughts?

Gary

September 22nd, 2007, 4:07 am #2

i just read about him in the journay book at the time that came out he was an 8th. if he's in their im guessing he's legit.

September 22nd, 2007, 3:23 pm #3

Thanks,
He is legit for sure.

Gary

September 22nd, 2007, 5:30 pm #4

Hello Gary. I hope all is well and your training is going fine. Mr. Bob Liles is on disc two of the Home Coming DVD that was done at original Pasadena studio. He is the real deal and shows the power that can be generated when striking (ask Mr. Wes Idol). I know at one time the man that produced the DVD sold them on e-bay and posted here at KenpoNet. Lots of very good stuff on the DVDs.

EKP RIP
Big Pat
Last edited by Big.Pat on September 22nd, 2007, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 22nd, 2007, 7:21 pm #5

Hi,

I noticed in Sacramento today, a school that he owns, I have tried to get in touch with him (Call) not returned.

Anyone know about him (personally) in todays world of Kenpo. I have read numerous articles, looking for a person who knows him (really, a student or an associate) who can tell me more about his location hours etc...

I have not been to a real Ed Parker Kenpo location. I am not sure one exists, but I was curious, any thoughts?

Gary
Hi there,

I know Mr. Liles and he is a great guy, his passion is in teaching and sharing what he knows and he only takes students that are serious about learning the art.
One of his students Bill is working on a new website www.boblileskarate.com you might want to check that out, his new email address is maestro@boblileskarate.com if you can I would strongly suggest to learn from him as much as you can, he is a great martial artist and a great guy, good luck and I hope this helps,

Respectfully,
Frank Soto

September 23rd, 2007, 4:14 pm #6

It helps, thanks for the information.

Gary

September 24th, 2007, 11:45 pm #7

Hi,

Gary
Dear Sir,

I have known Mr. Liles since I began Kenpo in the early 80's. My instructors, Vinton Koklich and Dian Tanaka, were dear friends of Mr. Liles. We were in the SF Bay Area, so would see Mr. Liles often as he would travel down from Sacramento for events. If memory serves me correctly, he was even on my testing panel next to Mr. Parker for my 1st Black.

Last I saw Mr. Liles was about 2 years ago. He was still very much the Bob Liles I remember growing up with. His passion for Kenpo has always been strong, and his ability to hit even stronger. And if his Kenpo abilities don't get you, then his sense of humor will drop you to the ground in painful side-splitting laughter. Seriously, that last time Vinton Koklich, Dian Tanaka, and Bob Liles were in the same room together, they were killing me as they were talking story of days gone by. Goes to show that it really is the journey and the friends you make along the way that is important.

Anyhow, I would encourage you to try and get a hold of Mr. Liles. And don't stop. The guy is about as technologically advanced as an answering machine (as told to me by his friends), so if you can't get a hold of him, keep trying! It will be worth it.

Best regards,

Erik Akutagawa