Another Testimonial for Private Dojo

Another Testimonial for Private Dojo

October 29th, 2008, 1:06 am #1

Posted on behalf of Larry Tatum

Master Tatum,

My sparring has improved 100 percent thanks to you in seminar six. I believe the way you explained giving yourself permission to use techniques and the way you talked about using your footwork and that its better to run someone down than be ran down etc was amazing. Once I started giving myself permission and using my foot work and all Kenpo in the universal pattern made a HUGE difference.

Every one of your classes have made me think about the way I approach Kenpo and made me 100 percent better in just a short time.

Thank you again! Can't wait for the next classes.

As always all my respect,

Jason

Carrie Yaffe

October 29th, 2008, 6:18 pm #2

The use of Lone kimono he was showing? We were playing around with it on a lead jab. Ouch! Effective but live fire I think I might hurt someone. Maybe I'll shoot him an email and see if he has some ideas for regulating that one. It fits in to B1a so well. Now that I know about it, it will be hard not to try it....LOL!

CT

but that's just my opinion I could be wrong.
Dennis Miller

October 29th, 2008, 8:18 pm #3

I sure have and agree, fits very nicely into B1A. I was able to pull this off with a side kick followed by a left jab (I typically fight right leg lead due to ankle injury). I'm not great at sparring (ok, I suck) but allowing myself to think in terms of Kenpo and not just block, kick, punch, etc. allows me to play by my rules, not theirs.

Carrie Yaffe