Single Wide

Single Wide

curious
curious

July 13th, 2012, 7:28 pm #1

What's up with the tired and weathered single wide that is now "parked" in the lot as you enter the neighborhood? I thought I saw a sign referring to Aardvark... is this it's new home?

MK
MK

July 13th, 2012, 8:33 pm #2

I think the Aardvark reference might have been a joke...
One of the axles looks like it has issues with one or both wheels?
Looks like they pulled it into the first place they could find to get it off the road.

My understanding is that the Aardvark is moving into one of these...

Otherwise known as a Pullman car.

July 13th, 2012, 11:52 pm #3

Yea, I was thinking the same thing but I knew the Ardvark was going into a train car. Anyone know where it is suppose to be parked when it is in use? Is it one of the train cars from the old restaurant at Easton?

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Barb Quirie
Barb Quirie

July 15th, 2012, 4:44 pm #4

There is a guy, the police know him, who "dumps" untitled trailers from time to time at or near Hyak. Because there is no title, the police have to let them "sit" for a certain amount of time, then they can "officially" remove them. This has happened before, so it looks to me like it's a "dumped trailer"--too bad for all of us and especially those living across from it--to have to look at such an unsightly mess!! Dan is still working with his partners and the Pullman car at Easton will be moved up to the Summit for the Laconia Cafe (I think he is using this name--same as our sculpture) up there. Have you eaten at Aardvark? All of us on the Pass love his food. His life story is amazing. We all support his progress!! I hope the dumped trailer gets moved and soon!!

July 16th, 2012, 6:52 pm #5

The trailer was moved on the 13th. It was gone by the time I was home Friday after work. It didn't appear to be dumped as it was half of a double-wide and it wasn't beat up. I figured there may have been problems with the wheels/tires or such (just a guess), but at least it has moved on.

Curious
Curious

August 21st, 2012, 6:48 pm #6

There is a guy, the police know him, who "dumps" untitled trailers from time to time at or near Hyak. Because there is no title, the police have to let them "sit" for a certain amount of time, then they can "officially" remove them. This has happened before, so it looks to me like it's a "dumped trailer"--too bad for all of us and especially those living across from it--to have to look at such an unsightly mess!! Dan is still working with his partners and the Pullman car at Easton will be moved up to the Summit for the Laconia Cafe (I think he is using this name--same as our sculpture) up there. Have you eaten at Aardvark? All of us on the Pass love his food. His life story is amazing. We all support his progress!! I hope the dumped trailer gets moved and soon!!
How bout the most recent addition to the parking lot. Is the new old trailer that's now been sitting there a few weeks another dumping incident?

August 21st, 2012, 8:40 pm #7

If you happen to be on facebook, join the Hyak group. We have been discussing this one on that site for the last couple weeks. Here is my opening blob of info:

A single wide trailer dumped at Hyak Thursday night. I just happened to be arriving home at the time the truck was driving away. I snapped this photo and got his license# B60551U. The driver was aprox. 6', 250lbs, 35-40yrs old w/long black hair in a pony tail (tribal style). He left heading westbound on I90.

I sent an email off to the sheriff dept. today with the info and will see if I hear back. I don't like to call them because they drill you more on your info then on the problem and that gets annoying.

Here is a photo of the truck that dumped the trailer.

Last edited by hyak on August 21st, 2012, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 22nd, 2012, 10:06 pm #8

We saw a truck too but didn't think to take a picture. So psyched to hear you got a license plate and everything! Let us know what the sheriff has to say.

August 26th, 2012, 1:33 am #9

Stack said it was gone when he came up this afternoon

August 26th, 2012, 9:31 pm #10

Saw it getting hooked up when we were coming in.