Open How Long?

Open How Long?

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 7th, 2008, 2:07 am #1

How long does every one think Snoqulamie will stay open?

March 7th, 2008, 3:22 am #2

Alpental will be open at a minimum to May 5th. Usually beyond that it depends on crowds of "paying" customers. If the hill is packed, but it is only season pass holders they will close up.

Hyak most likely will close in a couple weeks, followed by West then Central in mid April then Alpental last.....(as per the norm). None of this is official, just a guess on my part going by past results.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

March 7th, 2008, 4:53 am #3

I am curious if they are going to make it 3 years running with May 5 at Alpental. This year it's on a Monday. I also wonder if new ownership will affect the decision at all. I sure do hope they stay open that late and it looks like we should have the snowpack for it.

Snoqualmie Guy
Snoqualmie Guy

March 8th, 2008, 2:02 am #4

I was seeing bare spots in Central Park the other day and West is stopping night skiing. But what makes you think May 5th as at least.

March 8th, 2008, 4:13 am #5

I think Jack might have meant Alpental is open as late as May 5th, as opposed to open until May 5th as at a minimum.

March 8th, 2008, 5:11 am #6

Crystal now owns the lease. As we know they have been shutting down Crystal earlier and earlier each of the recent years.

March 8th, 2008, 8:24 pm #7

If you check the Summit schedule they show West and Hyak with the same Sat/Sun schedule and shows them open at least through March 16th. MY PERSONAL GUESS is that West and Central will close after that, then Central will close the first or second week of April and Alpental either on May 5, or the following weekend.

THIS IS JUST A GUESS......I have no connections to the Summit or any of its staff.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997