Informal survey

Informal survey

Jay
Jay

January 29th, 2010, 5:27 pm #1

Since we are well into the season and talk continues about the possibilities of installation of a new lift(s) or not, I thought it would be interesting to take an informal survey as to how many seasons passes were not purchased this year because of not having a lift at Hyak. I have talked to several people who did not buy an alpine pass, but they purchased a nordic trail pass, so maybe include that info too. Maybe some of you are simply buying day passes when the skiing is good. Also, how many of you are climbing and skiing or riding.

mmagra
mmagra

January 29th, 2010, 5:59 pm #2

Family of five that bought four passes. Would have bought five if Hyak was running. I'll stay home and work on the house.

January 29th, 2010, 9:33 pm #3

I usually buy an unlimited pass. I was not going to buy a pass this season but broke down and purchased a 'night only' pass. If I know for sure there will be a lift going in I will be purchasing another Unlimited or LTD for next year.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Kyle
Kyle

January 29th, 2010, 9:42 pm #4

Since we are well into the season and talk continues about the possibilities of installation of a new lift(s) or not, I thought it would be interesting to take an informal survey as to how many seasons passes were not purchased this year because of not having a lift at Hyak. I have talked to several people who did not buy an alpine pass, but they purchased a nordic trail pass, so maybe include that info too. Maybe some of you are simply buying day passes when the skiing is good. Also, how many of you are climbing and skiing or riding.
First time in 30 years my family did not buy seasons passes. So the pass is minus 8 passes because of our family.

January 30th, 2010, 1:59 am #5

I skipped this year - paying by the day at Crystal. I'll re-up next year if Hyak is open.

EdS
EdS

January 30th, 2010, 2:29 am #6

we bought 3 limited passes and my son got a free one working at central. if the lift doesnt go up at Hyak this year i wont buy any next year as i find without Hyak i just am not that motivated to go to lackluster central and west, and aplentals to crowded for me.

January 30th, 2010, 5:27 am #7

We returned to skiing and learned to snowboard at Hyak when my son turned 13. We bought 2 season passes that year. My youngest son learned to snowboard at Hyak too. That was 15 years ago. This is the first year that nobody in my family bought season passes. That means 4 less passes this year. We will purchase at least 2 next year if Hyak reopens. Last year was terrible. West too crowded and the lift is too slow. Central is, well, Central. I like Alpie but not the crowds. My family really hopes Hyak reopens. My wife and I are having fun snowshoeing this year but miss Sundays at Hyak

dlb
dlb

February 1st, 2010, 12:22 am #8

I usually buy an unlimited pass. I was not going to buy a pass this season but broke down and purchased a 'night only' pass. If I know for sure there will be a lift going in I will be purchasing another Unlimited or LTD for next year.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997
We purchased 4 unlimited season passes as usual. Does not buying passes increase our chances of having a new lift next year?

rumor mill
rumor mill

February 1st, 2010, 3:28 am #9

We returned to skiing and learned to snowboard at Hyak when my son turned 13. We bought 2 season passes that year. My youngest son learned to snowboard at Hyak too. That was 15 years ago. This is the first year that nobody in my family bought season passes. That means 4 less passes this year. We will purchase at least 2 next year if Hyak reopens. Last year was terrible. West too crowded and the lift is too slow. Central is, well, Central. I like Alpie but not the crowds. My family really hopes Hyak reopens. My wife and I are having fun snowshoeing this year but miss Sundays at Hyak
heard from several people that we are in a 3 week window for the chair(s) at HYAK. Rumor has it that the chair in Hidden Valley has to go up this summer or the area(s) lose access under the power line...I have no idea if this is valid.