Forum is too quiet...

Forum is too quiet...

Miss Dee Rumors
Miss Dee Rumors

October 24th, 2011, 9:33 pm #1

Last year it was all about if/when the area would reopening. This year, we got nothing to wildly speculate about.

Some questions to ask:
1) Will the area build the brew(ster) pub at Silver Fir parking lot?
2) Will the Rampart chair be built at Hyak?
3) Will a new chair appear at Alpy?
4) Summertime fun at the pass? Mtn bikes, ziplines? There is a bill in congress I think that will allow this.
5) Will there be a new lodge @ Hyak?

October 24th, 2011, 11:09 pm #2

I haven't heard anything more about the Silver Fir lodge, but I'd guess it is still in the works for next winter.

Rampart chair at Hyak? I doubt it....same with the Alpental chair.

Would be nice to see some summertime things going at the pass but it seems Boyne is focused on Crystal for summer and not Snoqualmie, even though Snoqualmie gets far more traffic and potential for visitors seem to be much higher..... but what do I know??

I just hope they get the lifts working properly this winter, and open on time. They had the triple chair apart last week doing splicing or ???. The cable was hooked to the cat and it was holding the cable in place with all the chairs still attached. I haven't been up top for a few weeks and need to check out a rumor I heard at oktoberfest...I'll wait to disclose until I can verify.

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Secret Squirrel
Secret Squirrel

October 25th, 2011, 5:36 am #3

Last year it was all about if/when the area would reopening. This year, we got nothing to wildly speculate about.

Some questions to ask:
1) Will the area build the brew(ster) pub at Silver Fir parking lot?
2) Will the Rampart chair be built at Hyak?
3) Will a new chair appear at Alpy?
4) Summertime fun at the pass? Mtn bikes, ziplines? There is a bill in congress I think that will allow this.
5) Will there be a new lodge @ Hyak?
Ahh, Fleetwood Mac's finest album...

Heard from the mouth of Rob Gibson. FWIW:

New lodge at Silver Fir, second story at lift-load level.
Promote mountaintop safety education center at Alpental (already built)
Rampart chair to be installed. No, not a quad. ski-in, ski-out connector.
Mountain biking and zip lines. Lines already purchased!

HV lift has been upgraded so it will actually start after a stop when loaded.

Substantial grading has been done on the HV side to remove contruction roads and other "irregularities".

Snowky
Snowky

October 25th, 2011, 7:00 am #4

The rampart chair is scheduled to go in summer after next. The unload zone will be where the ski patrol hut is. Heard it from the area this weekend. Tree removal will start next summer, a 2 year project, which means closer to 3 with thexway things are done by this ownership.

October 25th, 2011, 3:19 pm #5

The Rampart chair is suppose to dump off above Blowdown, at the top of the ridge. Here is the old MDP map and one thing I really like about this chair (if it happens) is the load station is just a short hike up the hill from my home. (Rampart is the #4 chair on this pic)

Last edited by hyak on October 25th, 2011, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 25th, 2011, 6:07 pm #6

The way I understand it, the owners (CNL Holdings) are primarily interested in developing the land between Hyak and Acres, that's where the real money is. The new chair would serve this development. If so, I'd be a little surprised to see a new chairlift before a whole lot of permitting and related wrangling. Considering how slowly things are moving at Silver Fir Estates, I wouldn't hold my breath...

Mikey

October 25th, 2011, 6:58 pm #7

Silver Fir Properties is not part of CNL or the ski area. I do not see lacking sales of those lots would have any effect on the development of the ski area. Brewster is a partner in SF Properties so I would think he would have motivation to build that area to help sell some lots. I would like to see the Silver Fir lodge built and move the nordic back that direction. That would sure free up more space at the Hyak lodge to where they might be able to start renting gear again.

Last edited by hyak on October 25th, 2011, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff
Geoff

October 25th, 2011, 10:02 pm #8

The Rampart chair is suppose to dump off above Blowdown, at the top of the ridge. Here is the old MDP map and one thing I really like about this chair (if it happens) is the load station is just a short hike up the hill from my home. (Rampart is the #4 chair on this pic)

by about 10 feet or so
I found these maps (or ones like it) before we bought last year. One of the things that appealed to me.

Though I still think it will be better to walk DOWN the road to the main hill when all is said and done. Getting home will probably be easier though

mw
mw

October 26th, 2011, 4:29 am #9

Ahh, Fleetwood Mac's finest album...

Heard from the mouth of Rob Gibson. FWIW:

New lodge at Silver Fir, second story at lift-load level.
Promote mountaintop safety education center at Alpental (already built)
Rampart chair to be installed. No, not a quad. ski-in, ski-out connector.
Mountain biking and zip lines. Lines already purchased!

HV lift has been upgraded so it will actually start after a stop when loaded.

Substantial grading has been done on the HV side to remove contruction roads and other "irregularities".
I`m not sure this would be an improvement for the Hyak locals. It doesn't open new terrain, but it will bring crowds to our area because of the easy crossover.

October 26th, 2011, 3:41 pm #10

It will allow those who like serpentine, kendall, creek run and that area to just ride that area and not have to traverse back to the lodge then back along the upper ridge. I'm guessing they will use a riblet double chair same as the backside.