Break-In report

Break-In report

August 19th, 2011, 8:16 pm #1

Below is a letter sent to the HPOA. I left names and addresses off, but locals keep an eye out for anyone who looks out of place.

=======
I'm reporting that someone broke into my home (Snoqualmie Drive) sometime between Sun night (Aug 14) and Thurs afternoon (Aug 18). The front door was forced open with a pry bar. The house was ransacked and various drawers were gone through. Several lights inside were left on, so I presume that the breakin occurred at night. Items were taken primarily from the garage include five pair of alpine skis and a chop saw, as well as computer printer.

I am in the process of getting the front door fixed temporarily and then replaced with a stronger door. Until I get better security lighting installed, I will be leaving on lights on the outside and inside.

Please advise our Hyak neighbors of the unfortunate event.
=======

Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

MK
MK

August 20th, 2011, 4:25 pm #2

I'm wondering if anyone (read, not full time resident) might have been hit and we just don't know it yet?

August 21st, 2011, 1:37 am #3

Seems odd we're suddenly having so many break ins. Coincidence? Probably not!

Stack
Stack

August 31st, 2011, 5:11 pm #4

Apparently there was another break in attempted last week in the Gold Creek area. The thieves spent some time cutting through a metal gate and then were scared off by the alarm. Please be vigilant in keeping an eye out for supisious vehicles and be sure to set your alarms if you have one.

MK
MK

August 31st, 2011, 8:53 pm #5

The dogs are on constant alert all day, every day.
I wish that the community (hpoa) could put cameras at key areas in the neighborhoods where traffic has to pass through.
Seems to me that one where Snoqualmie junctions, and one just past the Hyak parking lot might cover it.
Winding the tape back would show what cars came and went through a specific period of time.
Or, maybe I'm just dreaming.

August 31st, 2011, 9:08 pm #6

Video of cars coming in and going is nice, but you can't pin a theft on a video of a car coming/going even if it were the thief unless you actually spotted stolen merchandise in their vehicle. I think everyone just needs to develop their own security method. Motion detectors are good with lights and if you add in sound it can scare folks away. I'd like to catch them with a baseball bat in my hands personally.....it can be a pretty persuasive way to scare someone straight.

MK
MK

September 3rd, 2011, 9:10 pm #7

Jack, just checking...
DId you take your motorcycle home with you the last time you were up?

September 4th, 2011, 3:41 pm #8

Had a flat so I brought it to Yakima with me and got the tube replaced. It should be back up next week. Suppose to be a hot one I hear!

MK
MK

September 4th, 2011, 10:48 pm #9

OK, cool. For a second I was fearing the worst.

Barb Q.
Barb Q.

September 5th, 2011, 6:58 pm #10

Video of cars coming in and going is nice, but you can't pin a theft on a video of a car coming/going even if it were the thief unless you actually spotted stolen merchandise in their vehicle. I think everyone just needs to develop their own security method. Motion detectors are good with lights and if you add in sound it can scare folks away. I'd like to catch them with a baseball bat in my hands personally.....it can be a pretty persuasive way to scare someone straight.
Our neighbor has cameras pointed out at his and our trucks--since we are here all the time, every once in awhile he gives a heads up to us on certain persons and activities (no names but the sheriff watches this person too)