Why Bulk Fill

Why Bulk Fill

September 2nd, 2011, 2:13 pm #1

I have new Crosman 2300S and 2260SE air guns that I have looked into CO2 bulk fill options. I have found several with the most elegant solution being a complete replacement valve and end cap assembly that will fit either gun.

The cost for this solution is $80 and I have used this for my comparisons. If I add another $30 for a bulk fill connection kit and $30 for a tank I come up to $125 to $150 for the conversion. Round numbers for sure but probably close.

12 gram CO2 cartridges are available locally, off the shelf, for about $0.75 and I get 60 good shots in the 2300S and about 35-40 in the 2260SE.

It would take 200 cartridges just to have spent the bulk fill equipment costs for one gun and if both guns were converted another $80 would have to be added bringing the break even point to about 300 12 gram cartridges. Not sure what to add for CO2 itself so I have just assumed it is ZERO

The question is "what are the reasons to bulk fill either gun" except for the fact that I CAN and IT IS COOL to do so?

Thanks in advance - Mike

September 2nd, 2011, 6:54 pm #2

The reason I made the investment is performance. I have 6 guns on bulk now and 2 more under construction. with bulk you can hog out the front of the valve essentially making the valve and gas tube one. enlarging the valve is one way to up performance. on a 12 gram it starts to get expensive when you get 10 or so shots per cart. if you are happy with the guns power stay with the 12 grams. john

September 2nd, 2011, 7:48 pm #3

I have new Crosman 2300S and 2260SE air guns that I have looked into CO2 bulk fill options. I have found several with the most elegant solution being a complete replacement valve and end cap assembly that will fit either gun.

The cost for this solution is $80 and I have used this for my comparisons. If I add another $30 for a bulk fill connection kit and $30 for a tank I come up to $125 to $150 for the conversion. Round numbers for sure but probably close.

12 gram CO2 cartridges are available locally, off the shelf, for about $0.75 and I get 60 good shots in the 2300S and about 35-40 in the 2260SE.

It would take 200 cartridges just to have spent the bulk fill equipment costs for one gun and if both guns were converted another $80 would have to be added bringing the break even point to about 300 12 gram cartridges. Not sure what to add for CO2 itself so I have just assumed it is ZERO

The question is "what are the reasons to bulk fill either gun" except for the fact that I CAN and IT IS COOL to do so?

Thanks in advance - Mike
but once you've done it, running costs drop pretty far. All later guns are cheap to run in comparison.

You tune options are multiplied as well. Efficiency can go up on bulk, so can power.

September 2nd, 2011, 10:03 pm #4

Thanks in advance - Mike
Power is not on the list of things I am after. I am mainly a 10M - 25Y paper puncher and would be interested in improved shot to shot consistency but have no interest in more power.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.

Mike

Crosman 2300S
Crosman 2260SE
Daisy Avanti 753
Baikal IZH-46M
5mm Benjamin Sheridan Blue Streak (1966 version purchased new)

jz2

September 9th, 2011, 5:06 pm #5

you should be able to drive the cost below .50 a cartridge. I have bulk and co2 guns, I find now that the bulked guns get more use.

I have about 100 cartridges sitting in reserve. along with 2 15 lb fire extinguishers i use to bulk fill.