what exactly is the best transfer tubing material for 13XX

what exactly is the best transfer tubing material for 13XX

June 13th, 2011, 2:14 am #1

is it Tygon tubing, brake (nylon ) tubing , polyurethane tubing,so many materials? And what is the best diameter OD and ID . I believe the length is 1/4" long for best sealing between the tube and barrel. OR are the stock metal nipple  and rubber O-ring transfer seals from Crosman the way to go bored out to .156"
Last edited by cvarcher on June 13th, 2011, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 13th, 2011, 3:06 am #2

Its soft enough to comform to the valve and barrel put a rod inside and cut with tubing cutters
for square ends.
Most use ice maker tubing witch I think is polyethelene or nylon which I think would be to hard.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS
Last edited by jamesinadvance on June 13th, 2011, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 13th, 2011, 4:38 am #3

You mean a metal tube inside the 1/4" poly? And Cut it what length? (just alittle shorter than the poly -right?)

June 13th, 2011, 3:50 pm #4

is it Tygon tubing, brake (nylon ) tubing , polyurethane tubing,so many materials? And what is the best diameter OD and ID . I believe the length is 1/4" long for best sealing between the tube and barrel. OR are the stock metal nipple  and rubber O-ring transfer seals from Crosman the way to go bored out to .156"
PFTE cut with a tube cutter and then a dab of Aquaseal on each end. Never fails.

June 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm #5

You mean a metal tube inside the 1/4" poly? And Cut it what length? (just alittle shorter than the poly -right?)
the rod is just to help you cut the tubing without smashing while your cutting. It doesn't stay in there. I believe most people use a piece of wooden dowel. this just helps you get a sqare cut on the tubing.

June 13th, 2011, 11:05 pm #6

The only way I have been able to cut tubing for this modification and get it square is to use tubing
cutters. By slipping a wooden dowel or brass rod into the inside to hold the sides out while the
cutter goes round. You have to leave extra tubing on the dowel to support the rollers, leave some
tubing on both sides of the cutter to maintain square ends.
As for length of the tubing that will depend on what you do to the barrel I have alway used a 1/4" end
mill to square up the contact area of the barrel and allow for the tubing to fit up into it. The last
one I cut needed a .210" tube but the next may be shorter or longer by a few thousanths. I cut
several and tests fit till I get one a bit to long and then start measuring against that one. I want
to have to go 1/2 turn or so on the breech screw after the barrel/breech assembly is held off the pump
tube by the plastic tube. You can check for leaks by draping a tissue over the breech and watch for
it to move when firing the gun into a safe backstop. If it leaks make a new tube a couple thousands
longer.

I BRAKE FOR BISCUITS
and TRAINS