what beats a crosman 2100

what beats a crosman 2100

April 15th, 2011, 4:28 am #1

I like to go visit my cousin and watch him try to shoot stuff with his crosman 2100. Dont get me wrong, its a nice little plinker and pretty accurate. I have and have had many high end springers and pcps, but havent showed them to him. He wouldnt get it anyway, hes an old hippie type and would just think its stupid to spend that much on a pellet gun. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get any recommendations on a cheaper pumper that would be more powerful and accurate than his, all brands considered but would like to keep it below 200. I dont know anything about this class of gun. I have a 1377 converted to .22 that will get about 550 fps but that aint gonna cut it. I want something in .177. Thanks.

April 15th, 2011, 4:42 am #2

April 15th, 2011, 4:45 am #3

I like to go visit my cousin and watch him try to shoot stuff with his crosman 2100. Dont get me wrong, its a nice little plinker and pretty accurate. I have and have had many high end springers and pcps, but havent showed them to him. He wouldnt get it anyway, hes an old hippie type and would just think its stupid to spend that much on a pellet gun. Anyway, I was wondering if I could get any recommendations on a cheaper pumper that would be more powerful and accurate than his, all brands considered but would like to keep it below 200. I dont know anything about this class of gun. I have a 1377 converted to .22 that will get about 550 fps but that aint gonna cut it. I want something in .177. Thanks.
... they are around $90 - $100, will do close to about 800+ fps on 10 pumps.

I had a 20 year old 2100 (now converted to 2200 - .22) which always did 725fps with pellets and 755fps with bbs on 10 pumps.

you're scared ? go get a dog ... I'd rather die standing than live on my knees

April 15th, 2011, 9:30 am #4

great pumper. Good accuracy for 850 fps + and shoots a wide variety of pellets. I've had mine for close to a year now and it's had no problems. However, I'm not sure if Paul has anymore in stock.

April 15th, 2011, 2:57 pm #5

...one Japan model and a Chinese model. I will say that the Japan model is exactly the same as he Chinese clone, however, the 'plastic' used on the Chinese model is just that - plastic. The Japan model used what seemed to be high quality ABS or firearm grade stuff - very good stuff.

My first suggestion on the Chinese made Innova is to remove the steel wedge strip located between the pump tube and reciever housing. If not, the reciever will begin to crack around the pump tube area.

None the less, a great little rifle that will pack a punch.

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

April 15th, 2011, 10:01 pm #6

(Japan) Sharp Innova in .22 Powerhouse!!! Sharp Ace all Wood and Steel but more money
Rocker Dan 5mm best American Air power.....Franky

April 15th, 2011, 11:38 pm #7

They will do 700 fps on 10 pumps with 14.3 grain pellets if you do a simple poly tube transfer port mod. Cost is about $100 or less in today's market. Can't do better than that IMO and it's still a Crosman - just a good one! Some are 50+ years old and still kickin.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."
Last edited by tripleguy on April 15th, 2011, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 16th, 2011, 4:50 am #8

April 16th, 2011, 7:47 am #9

" Any " of these ? Can you name them ! Cheers Ged.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

April 16th, 2011, 2:27 pm #10

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."