We are in Durham, N.C. casing the place for potential move...

We are in Durham, N.C. casing the place for potential move...

April 20th, 2017, 9:51 pm #1

Pullen Park was nice for the kids. Anyone know more about this area, Steve NC? Seems nice.
Last edited by Duane35 on April 21st, 2017, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 21st, 2017, 12:55 am #2

I'm just outside of Durham in hillsborough. Nice small town feel, and plenty of parks and fantastic Greenway, worth looking at if you're moving to the area.

If you're in to baseball, check out the Durham Bulls, they have a really nice ball park with kids area and rooftop bar.

Durham natural science museum is pretty nice too, lots of indoor and outdoor stuff, and catered to kids of all ages.

And there is a really nice, and free to the public, shooting range up in caswell at the game lands. Bout 30 to 40 min or so northwest.

Just a few places to checkout. Welcome to the neighborhood.

April 21st, 2017, 1:45 am #3

We will be looking at Wake Forest, Chapel Hill, Carey, Willow Springs, Hillsboro areas.

Sadly, don't follow sports at all. Many pals give me grief over that.

Though, Willow Springs is a turn off for the wife 'cause of the nuclear reactor. Me, I know better than to have over zealous fears of a meltdown.

Less populated than the D.C. region and Northern Virginia.

Thanks for the insight!

April 21st, 2017, 3:56 am #4

Pullen Park was nice for the kids. Anyone know more about this area, Steve NC? Seems nice.
As for creature comforts, if you like to take in the occasional show, be sure to check the DPAC program...

https://www.dpacnc.com/events/all

...as well as other nearby venues (e.g., Raleigh and Chapel Hill).

April 21st, 2017, 11:47 am #5

sweltering in the summer. Northwest of Durham would be the best direction to look in, Hillsborough is pleasant because it is at a slightly higher elevation.

April 21st, 2017, 6:39 pm #6

I'm just outside of Durham in hillsborough. Nice small town feel, and plenty of parks and fantastic Greenway, worth looking at if you're moving to the area.

If you're in to baseball, check out the Durham Bulls, they have a really nice ball park with kids area and rooftop bar.

Durham natural science museum is pretty nice too, lots of indoor and outdoor stuff, and catered to kids of all ages.

And there is a really nice, and free to the public, shooting range up in caswell at the game lands. Bout 30 to 40 min or so northwest.

Just a few places to checkout. Welcome to the neighborhood.
I've been here for 10 years. I work in Morrisville near the airport, and traffic this direction is not too bad, ...yet. Lots of fun things to do - parks, restaurants, museums, etc. in Durham. We used to go into Chapel Hill a lot, but now I find we're doing Durham and Hillsborough itself for things to do.

Central location means you're a few hours from either the mountains or the beach.

Real estate value-wise, Hillsborough is much much cheaper than Chapel Hill, Cary, or Morrisville. Not sure how Durham ranks. Very affordable where I am, and I don't mind the commute at all.

JMJ

April 21st, 2017, 6:53 pm #7

Chapel Hill looks good. We really like Wake Forest. Tomorrow it is Carey, Apex areas.

Thanks! I hate moving with a passion!

April 21st, 2017, 9:27 pm #8

Nuclear power plant, is there next door neighbor.

April 21st, 2017, 9:45 pm #9

I feel differently, having no concern over a disaster there. It could happen, but doubt it ever will.

April 22nd, 2017, 5:26 pm #10

sweltering in the summer. Northwest of Durham would be the best direction to look in, Hillsborough is pleasant because it is at a slightly higher elevation.
Not feeling it. Looks like we like the Wake Forest area.

Now, we commence in talks about the move....

I HATE MOVING!