WARNING: Opening this post will make you a murder suspect...

WARNING: Opening this post will make you a murder suspect...

March 30th, 2011, 7:38 pm #1

187 that is. Im proud to finally have completed this project gun, and by enlisting the help of airgunsmith Tim Schmidt she is a winner. I contacted tim because I had bought a 140 from him and the wood was outstanding after his refinish and one thing lead to another and here's where you end up with, when you have have too much time and imagination.
Tim replaced everything on the action with new parts and polished everything including the trigger sear. She's shooting a 730fps @ 70 degrees, cant wait for the summer to kick in here in Ga. she should be a little beast with 100 degree weather. Oh I should tell you Tim is really on point with his valve mods and chrony test everything before shipping, a real class act as he threw in that scope for free I guess because we never discussed me puchasing one from him. I would highly recommend him to anyone who likes or is interested in these older guns as these are his forte.
PS I had this one built to rattle you 22xx guys....enjoy.

This is the 140 that got me started, Tim has it shooting at 640's with ten pumps.

March 30th, 2011, 7:55 pm #2

Tim made the custom parts you see on her and fitted the recoil pad, it adds about a inch or so and these little guns are already the ultimate carbines. Although the scope mounts might seem a tad bit high, you accually get a nice cheeck weld with low weaver rings.This might not be the case with the low comb stocks, but a high mount is a good thing when you're shooting .177's.

March 30th, 2011, 8:09 pm #3

187 that is. Im proud to finally have completed this project gun, and by enlisting the help of airgunsmith Tim Schmidt she is a winner. I contacted tim because I had bought a 140 from him and the wood was outstanding after his refinish and one thing lead to another and here's where you end up with, when you have have too much time and imagination.
Tim replaced everything on the action with new parts and polished everything including the trigger sear. She's shooting a 730fps @ 70 degrees, cant wait for the summer to kick in here in Ga. she should be a little beast with 100 degree weather. Oh I should tell you Tim is really on point with his valve mods and chrony test everything before shipping, a real class act as he threw in that scope for free I guess because we never discussed me puchasing one from him. I would highly recommend him to anyone who likes or is interested in these older guns as these are his forte.

This is the 140 that got me started, Tim has it shooting at 640's with ten pumps.

you have there.if tim is in connecticut then i got this from him --- a CR160 he is very helpful and i will conatact him again in the future for a project that is in the works

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

March 30th, 2011, 10:02 pm #4

With 14.3 pellets, the 140s will do 700 fps on 10 pumps provided you install a 1/4" ploy tube transfer port.

The 187 looks nice. I'd imagine you'd need to keep it oiled or waxed to keep it from rusting.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

March 31st, 2011, 1:22 pm #5

you have there.if tim is in connecticut then i got this from him --- a CR160 he is very helpful and i will conatact him again in the future for a project that is in the works

Thats a nice first variant you got there. A lot of people dont realize that some didnt come with barrel bands, the first ones were free floaters.

March 31st, 2011, 2:50 pm #6

he did a great job on this also