vintage scope mounts

vintage scope mounts

April 3rd, 2012, 2:02 am #1

hey all

I have a crosman 180 that I would like to find an old low power scope for, and an old scope mount/clamp as well (receiver is not grooved for mounts). What in your opinion is the best one/ones that I should keep an eye out for? I dont see the clamps very often on the classifieds so I imagine that people who have them are hanging onto them, though anyway Im not in a big rush to find one

thanks for your time and help!
andy

April 3rd, 2012, 2:45 am #2

These will allow you to mount a 1" tube to a Crosman 180, 160 or 400 style gun.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

April 3rd, 2012, 1:54 pm #3

hey all

I have a crosman 180 that I would like to find an old low power scope for, and an old scope mount/clamp as well (receiver is not grooved for mounts). What in your opinion is the best one/ones that I should keep an eye out for? I dont see the clamps very often on the classifieds so I imagine that people who have them are hanging onto them, though anyway Im not in a big rush to find one

andy

The ones on top are for a Sheridan/Bengi and work great on the higher comb stock models. They are readily available from Air Vinturi.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:52 pm #4

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

April 4th, 2012, 12:40 am #5

hey all

andy
He is going to be making a breech mount rifle scope Sheridan/Benjamin and a barrel scout mount that put a Weaver ring lower than if dovetailed on breech.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... tegra+base

April 5th, 2012, 1:52 am #6

I also heard from Tim Schmidt who says the old factory clamps are not good as they dont hold in place well.

thanks for the info, happy shooting

oh by the way, Im also looking for a front sight hood off a crosman 99 if anyone has one they are willing to part with? Or a hood that they think will work in its place

take care

andy

April 5th, 2012, 2:11 am #7

Who is responsible for my beautiful 187. A true one stop shop.

April 5th, 2012, 3:06 am #8

he is the man for 150s and 180s etc to be sure. I know this isnt the boi but he's nothing but helpful and professional.

also John, I noticed you have one of the old crosman holsters in your little photo up in the corner. I picked one up recently (I intended to give it as a gift to someone but haven't got around to it yet) but Im wondering if you happen to know the years that crosman produced them? just curious is all

thanks bud

andy

April 5th, 2012, 1:26 pm #9

I know that the gun was made in the early to mid 50's and the same holster came with te 150's which were made after that. If you're interested in one contact Tim or email me and I'll see if the guy I bought mine from has any more. Its a pretty sure bet that he does, at the time I first started dealing with him he had around 300 guns that he was trying to get off of. The only catch is I havent kept contact with him for a while now and he's getting up in age, Lord knows I hope all is well, so I need to see how he is first. Either way we can get you fixed up around here.
Oh I just reread your post and you already have one. Believe it or not I just sold mine, because after installing a dot site on the 112 it was useless to me and Im having too much fun with the gun now to go back to open sites.
Last edited by Thejohnair on April 5th, 2012, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.