Using a QB stock on 2260...

Using a QB stock on 2260...

December 15th, 2010, 3:27 pm #1

...platform has been done, I've seen. Does anyone know what type of inletting has to be done to accommodate such an application? How does the afterwards result look?

I do not own a QB anylonger - been some time actually and I haven't looked then to see...

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

December 15th, 2010, 5:51 pm #2

the gun would likely be more QB than 2260 in the end.

JMO,

December 16th, 2010, 1:36 am #3

...platform has been done, I've seen. Does anyone know what type of inletting has to be done to accommodate such an application? How does the afterwards result look?

I do not own a QB anylonger - been some time actually and I haven't looked then to see...

"Well, I thought it was a rabbit but it turned out to be Bear Grylls in a rabbit hide."

I put a Disco action (same as 2260 ) in an AR2078A stock....NOT that big a deal, the inletting wasn't near as big a job as I had thought it would be....I imagine the same would be true if using the QB stock, in fact, I think there would actually be less inletting work to it!!!

[/IMG]

December 16th, 2010, 3:10 am #4

do you need a 2260 stock for a project? If you need a 2260 stock, theres one for sale on the Yellow right now for dirt cheap

December 16th, 2010, 3:14 am #5

I put a Disco action (same as 2260 ) in an AR2078A stock....NOT that big a deal, the inletting wasn't near as big a job as I had thought it would be....I imagine the same would be true if using the QB stock, in fact, I think there would actually be less inletting work to it!!!

[/IMG]
...how does the trigger pack line up in relation to the QB trigger pack in the hole? The AR is the QB just stocked differently. If you have a pic of what you did that would be great!

December 16th, 2010, 3:20 am #6

do you need a 2260 stock for a project? If you need a 2260 stock, theres one for sale on the Yellow right now for dirt cheap

December 16th, 2010, 3:26 am #7

...I was thinking of getting a Richards micro-fit stock that is for the QB series rifle - they (or he)have them dirt cheap in nearly every model offered; going the economy grade.

35 bucks is a bit much for a 2260 stock that isn't walnut, when 25 bucks more I have a huge selection to choose from at Richard's.

I was just curious about the trigger pack area and retaining hole location. Since I put 2260 trigger packs on Benji rifles I was thinking of going with a slick stock too. Of course the fore end will have to be cut then slotted - but well worth it in the end. Next, I may use an M-Rod trigger assembly since folks are using them on the Disco.

December 17th, 2010, 3:34 am #8

...how does the trigger pack line up in relation to the QB trigger pack in the hole? The AR is the QB just stocked differently. If you have a pic of what you did that would be great!

I THOUGHT I'd saved the pictures I took of the whole inletting process, but I sure can't find them now! As I remember it, the 2260(disco)trigger all fell right into place, with some very minor adjustment..Like I said in my earlier post..the entire thing was MUCH easier than I had envisioned it to be....the stock was ~$65.00 from Archer Airguns, plus shipping.. The quality of stock was a pleasant surprise too, I might add.Was well pleased with it,,only negative thing was the weight ...don't know what type wood it was, but it was HEAVY..so heavy that I sold the gun. hope this helps.