Test fit the barrel.

Test fit the barrel.

February 18th, 2012, 12:25 am #1

It has less slop than the original. But now I have run into something that has me stumped. What about the small screw that holds the barrel down. When I bore out the breech am I going to loose that screw? Than what? Thanks

February 18th, 2012, 12:27 am #2

February 18th, 2012, 1:01 am #3

It has less slop than the original. But now I have run into something that has me stumped. What about the small screw that holds the barrel down. When I bore out the breech am I going to loose that screw? Than what? Thanks
...is use a barrel band, or more if you should choose. The immediate barrel band in question will cure any woes by putting it close to the breech. Like so:http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/m ... oot+pounds

I no longer have any pictures of some of the guns built in the past. Periodically clear out my photo bucket album... The gun pictured is not mine.

The band will act as the extra support needed and act as the new method for holding down the breech. A factory Crosman band will work, you will just need to hone out the hole a little.

Tip: I used a dowel rod with a sand paper wrap, chucking it in a drill. Take your time and check very often being sure to get a near exact fit and not going too large with the hole. Slop is bad.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

February 18th, 2012, 1:37 am #4

February 18th, 2012, 2:05 am #5

I am having trouble posting any pictures. I am using a crosman long steel breach.Two barrel bands. Who da thunk it.I put the 9MM barrel liner in my wood lathe ant turned it down with a file and sandpaper. Finished off with steel wool. Was not able to get the SS tubing for the sleeve today so I will handle it with care. Don't I need to bore the breach large enough to fit the 9MM slug? Witch comes out to .354. Any suggestions on the size and shape for the bolt. Thanks again. Mike

February 18th, 2012, 2:15 am #6